Were we ever as good as we thought?

ChesterRdBlue

Reading a lot of the posts over the last few weeks, time and again people are saying we should be doing a lot better than we are, but the question is should we? Looking at this list of players we have signed since the glory days of Stuart Pearce I am not so sure we should.

Signings under Sven

Corluka - Sold
Bojinov - Injured
Elano - Poison Ivy?
Garrido - Shit first season, has come along this
Bianchi - Sold
Geovanni - Sold
Fernandes - Headless chicken, not at present good enough
Petrov - Injured
Benjani - Universally agreed as shit
Caicedo - Not had an impact
Castillo - Not had an impact

Hughes Signings

Wright Phillips - Quality
Ben Haim - Shit, looks to be on his way
Zabaleta - Has looked good
Kompany - Quality
Robinho - Forced on Hughes, but hughes wouldn't say no
Jo - Been shit and has had a negative impact
Berti - Always bought for cover

Of Svens signings that Hughes has inherited, possibly only Petrov and Bojinov are of any use and have both been injured. The best players in the current team are the Hughes signings and still need time to adapt, a few more of these and I am confident we'll come good.

The tide seems to have turned from after the West Brom game from fuck Hughes off, to give him time to get rid of some of the disruptive influences/players that lack the effort and ability and give him a chance to build his team, which is where I am. It seems he will get his chance in the window so we can only all hope it comes good and get behind the team.

If Hughes is the ultimate answer to where we all want to be I'm not sure, but I do think there are a few players that need moving on before Hughes or anyone else gets us on the right track. These are still very positive times for City and if any one knows about shit days it's us, just be patient blues, we will get there.

ChesterRdBlue said:
Reading a lot of the posts over the last few weeks, time and again people are saying we should be doing a lot better than we are, but the question is should we? Looking at this list of players we have signed since the glory days of Stuart Pearce I am not so sure we should.

Signings under Sven

Corluka - Sold
Bojinov - Injured
Elano - Poison Ivy?
Garrido - Shit first season, has come along this
Bianchi - Sold
Geovanni - Sold
Fernandes - Headless chicken, not at present good enough
Petrov - Injured
Benjani - Universally agreed as shit
Caicedo - Not had an impact
Castillo - Not had an impact

Hughes Signings

Wright Phillips - Quality
Ben Haim - Shit, looks to be on his way
Zabaleta - Has looked good
Kompany - Quality
Robinho - Forced on Hughes, but hughes wouldn't say no
Jo - Been shit and has had a negative impact
Berti - Always bought for cover

Of Svens signings that Hughes has inherited, possibly only Petrov and Bojinov are of any use and have both been injured. The best players in the current team are the Hughes signings and still need time to adapt, a few more of these and I am confident we'll come good.

The tide seems to have turned from after the West Brom game from fuck Hughes off, to give him time to get rid of some of the disruptive influences/players that lack the effort and ability and give him a chance to build his team, which is where I am. It seems he will get his chance in the window so we can only all hope it comes good and get behind the team.

If Hughes is the ultimate answer to where we all want to be I'm not sure, but I do think there are a few players that need moving on before Hughes or anyone else gets us on the right track. These are still very positive times for City and if any one knows about shit days it's us, just be patient blues, we will get there.

Just to add as a caveat, once all the garbage has been shifted from the squad, the precedent will be set. Don't fuck with the manager. The lack of discipline in recent years at City has been pretty awful, it's about time someone ruffled a few feathers...

Largely agree, but think a bit harsh on Benjani

The injuries we've got at the moment are incredible, but no one wants to know as we're the richest club in the world etc.

Looks like Cakedough could start against Hull

We played stunning footy v. Pompey, gave RedScouseGits the runaround for the best part of an hour, showed a weakened Arse how to play. We were that good. No doubt about it. But the secret of sustaining it seems to be a city curse. We played the bottom three a few years ago, WBA, Norwich and BBbum Rovers and we never got a three pointer out of any of them. We are destined to reach the heights followed by the depths. It seems to come round with even greater regularity than it has hitherto. A staggering performance followed by complete dross the next week with the same personnel. Mystifying.

i mentioned something earlier in the week that i think some people over rate some of our players

i think the likes of :

swp
robinho
kompany
hart
elano
ireland
petrov
richards (though not on present form)

are all good enough to make top 6 teams in the prem

there are others that may be good enough

boj
jonno
zabaleta (jury si still hugely out on this guy for me.....great at certain things but gets caught out of position, leaves too much space in behind himself and doesnt have the pace to recover.....also makes some reckless challenges)

but thats about it.

the rest:
benajni
vass
dunne
garrido
ball
hamman
gelson
caceido
jo
TBH

these are simply not good enough

the rest are simply not good enough......we dont have a single forward that is capable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.