Werneth Low

wez99

When you drive from Hyde to Marple via Werneth, there are a set of cooling towers in the distance, presumably a power station. Anyone know where they are?

Fiddlers ferry powerstation near Warrington. I was there in the Miners Strike stopping the scab lorry drivers trying to deliver coal.

Could well be Fiddlers Ferry (at Widnes) , which is visible from Werneth Low ...... although there are allegedly three more power stations not too far away in Yorkshire.

147f4p.jpg

black mamba said:
Could well be Fiddlers Ferry (at Widnes) , which is visible from Werneth Low ...... although there are allegedly three more power stations not too far away in Yorkshire.

147f4p.jpg

The Yorkshire ones are the other side of the Pennines, so I doubt they would be visible.

Fiddlers Ferry sounds about right,as you can see them in adirect line away from Stockport with the Airport over to the left, how far away is that then?

wez99 said:
Fiddlers Ferry sounds about right,as you can see them in adirect line away from Stockport with the Airport over to the left, how far away is that then?

Widnes is around 37 miles from Hyde.

Well, it's the only power station left in the area now, so I suppose it must be Fiddlers Ferry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.