West Brom (A) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't wait to get outplayed for the seventh time in a row

Celtic: They score an offside goal, an own goal and a wondergoal (or was it a lucky scuffed shit? Still not sure)
Tottenham: Outplayed. Fair enough.
Everton: Stekelenburg worldie performance and Coleman should've been off after 25 minutes by all accounts.
Barcelona: Did alright for 60 minutes, Bravo mistake and Fernandinho slip cost us.
Southampton: Frustrating, but their goal was from a mistake and we had one harshly disallowed.
United: Second team. Denied a penalty. Their goal shouldn'tve stood.

It could be much worse. We've been poor but we've also been unlucky with decisions, if it is luck. We're much better than West Brom but they'll park the bus and we haven't yet learned how to deal with that.

Need to get back to winning ways, but hopefully we'll benefit from having rested most of our first XI tonight. Maffeo has surely played himself into contention, but not sure De Bruyne will be risked with one eye on Barca.

Bravo
Maffeo
Stones
Otamendi
Clichy
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Silva
Nolito
Sterling
Aguero

To be honest trying to play Kompany isn't wise. Him coming back in and out of the team all the time will only disrupt our defence. Better to stick with Stones and Otamendi who served us so well in the first ten games.

I think this will be another frustrating game. Pulis will park the bus and we will struggle to break them down.

Kompany may have to play, as West Brom's out ball is to Rondon, and he's arguably too strong and quick for the others. I'd also be concerned about Chadli, as he has a knack of ghosting into space between the lines, and that's not something we're too good at stopping. Would love a win, but I can see a bruising- they're a big, Stoke-like team- draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.