West Brom game

Feed-The-Goat

R.I.P Sam & Sue. You both are going to be missed.
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=6630916

The OS are saying we play west brom today!! yet the article date has tomorrows date on it.

Mark Hughes is calling on his City side to match the effort they put in against Hamburg as they make a swift return to domestic matters.

Today the Blues face a West Brom side fighting for their lives at the bottom of the Barclays Premier League table, and the boss is hoping that a similar performance to the one last Thursday will put them back on track in the quest to qualify for the 2009/10 Europa League.

Mark says, "We made a statement on Thursday put we have to pick ourselves up on Sunday. A lot of energy was expended both emotionally and physically, so it is key that we get over that and approach the game correctly. We produced a performance on Thursday, and we need to again on Sunday to show everybody that we are a good team in the making, which we showed against Hamburg.

"All our focus was on Hamburg, but now we need to look at West Brom and put out a team that causes them as many problems as we caused Hamburg.

"You have to take an opportunity when it presents itself. I told the lads that Thursday was all about seizing the moment, seizing the day and giving it everything. We did not beat ourselves up after Hamburg, because in our heart of hearts we know that everyone gave everything they had.

"We want to finish strongly, our away form has been poor and we want to make sure we improve on that before the end of the season. If we can do that and get back to our good form at home, then who knows, maybe we can achieve a high finish in the table. We might still get a European place by virtue of our position."

Today's game is a chance for City to make amends for one of the low points of the season, the 2-1 defeat at the Hawthorns in December temporarily putting City into the bottom three. Looking back to that last-gasp loss, the boss, says, "We want to address that, we want to finish strongly and though at times it is difficult to pick people up, that's our job, that's what I am paid to do and that's what I have to do.

"West Brom need points very quickly, and I am conscious that nobody has really tailed off this year. If they get back to back wins, they still have a chance to survive. We won't take them lightly and we need to put the December game to bed."

Last Sunday's home defeat to Fulham was a blow to our hopes of finishing in seventh position and getting back into European competition, but the Manager is not giving up hope and thinks the performance against Hamburg can spur us on.

"We can't not think it's achievable, we have to produce football in the remaining games like we did on Thursday. Not many teams could match that, so we have to make sure that's what we do."

Tim Oscroft

can someone let me know if we are actually playing today, im confused!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.