West Brom (League Cup) Post match thread

You could hear The Club Shop as clear as a bell on the stream I had. Close your eyes and you could have been listening to the coach of my local u-12s team.
Didnt see it but thats exactly what my 15 year old son said to me this afternoon, said it was just like listening to one of his coaches, the one I always tell him not to listen to when he shouts to my right back son to 'get rid'. ' Challenges' , ' launch it' and 'winners' are some of his other favourite shouts.

You could hear The Club Shop as clear as a bell on the stream I had. Close your eyes and you could have been listening to the coach of my local u-12s team.
Haha was thinking something similar last night when you heard him barking out his instructions,as you say like a kids game "kick it up field" and "James James (Morrison)chase him down chase him down"where two I remember,no wonder the foreign coaches laugh their bollocks off at us ...

Last night proved to me than Mangala is a better fit for us than Evans would have been.
He looked good considering he doesn't get much game time.
Gundogan looked class and fitted in as if he had never been out for such a long time..glad his injury isn't serious but think Yacob should have been given a red not a yellow because it was a premeditated act and nasty as well as dangerous.
Fantastic 1st half and we showed grit in the 2nd to get the win.

I thought Mangala looked good when we were bossing the game. I don't think he really impressed when we came under pressure towards the end. I'm not that bothered about Mangala looking good on the ball, but when we're playing a physical team who are playing very direct then I expect him to come to the fore and impose his physicality on the opposition. Which I didn't think he did.

I have no problem with teams playing like West Brom do to an extent. They have to do what is effective for them, the long ball, pressure on set pieces and some physicallity. If Kanu wouldn't have missed a couple of sitters they could have been successful. What I do object to is certain refs doing their bit to aid them and even up the contest by not clamping down on game spoiling tactics. Tripping our player, pulling them back and obstructing them at every opportunity with impunity, not to mention kicking some of them out of the game. Even Bournemouth who usually try to play football did it, a fact admitted by Eddie Howe in his post match interview.

Looking at the bigger picture it is one of the reasons England are light years behind the other top football countries, forget the foreign players. Top skilled talent like Silva and Jesus don't on the whole get kicked out of games or impeded as much in international football so their teams prosper. The talented England players never fully develop their skills because in the premier league they are stopped from doing so in the majority of games so they stagnate. When we step on the international stage the physicality allowed in the premier league isn't tolerated, so someone like Phil Jones, lauded as our best defender by Southgate, is ineffective. Our flair players are stunted by that premier league's leniency to the physical side so we are fucked.

So long as dinosaurs like Pullis and Allardyce are allowed to continue and prosper and indeed lauded for their style, while coaches like Dr Boer are sacked after four games, we will continue to fail on the world stage.

I have no problem with teams playing like West Brom do to an extent. They have to do what is effective for them, the long ball, pressure on set pieces and some physicallity. If Kanu wouldn't have missed a couple of sitters they could have been successful. What I do object to is certain refs doing their bit to aid them and even up the contest by not clamping down on game spoiling tactics. Tripping our player, pulling them back and obstructing them at every opportunity with impunity, not to mention kicking some of them out of the game. Even Bournemouth who usually try to play football did it, a fact admitted by Eddie Howe in his post match interview.

Looking at the bigger picture it is one of the reasons England are light years behind the other top football countries, forget the foreign players. Top skilled talent like Silva and Jesus don't on the whole get kicked out of games or impeded as much in international football so their teams prosper. The talented England players never fully develop their skills because in the premier league they are stopped from doing so in the majority of games so they stagnate. When we step on the international stage the physicality allowed in the premier league isn't tolerated, so someone like Phil Jones, lauded as our best defender by Southgate, is ineffective. Our flair players are stunted by that premier league's leniency to the physical side so we are fucked.

So long as dinosaurs like Pullis and Allardyce are allowed to continue and prosper and indeed lauded for their style, while coaches like Dr Boer are sacked after four games, we will continue to fail on the world stage.
facebook-like-button.png

seal-of-approval2.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.