West Brom offer to trial safe standing - rejected page 2

May be Safe Standing was an influence in the North Stand delayed development,bigger crowds ,more turn stiles,If the North Stand is two tiers will the lower tier be higher than the lower tiers on the three other stands,family stand to move to the South Stand.City supporters to finally have their own "End".Just wondering.

All for it mate. We have been crying out for a standing area behind the goal since the north stand at maine road back in the 70s. Even that was too small when you looked at the kop.

All for safe standing but I can't see the club moving the family stand next to the away fans. Question is do they do a Mass cull in the family stand as I sit in there and know for a fact there a lots of families in there that don't have kids under the 16 years of age rule. Maybe make level 2 north stand the family stand and then safe standing below. Would be my ideal solution anyway as I'm on the back row in level 1 and my kids have now reached the 16 year bracket

The media have been discussing safe-standing, the quality of the various pundits' comments range from banal to appalling. No mention of the situation at every prem ground at every match, namely that fans are standing in areas where it is not safe to do so. Despite the evidence of the investigations into Hillsborough, that standing was not the cause, it still is the main plank of the anti safe standing brigade, typified by the moronic phrase, delivered in a pseudo-solemn tone "Remember, people died " ffs. Every discussion seems to end the same way.
Rail-seats are not a return to the old terraces, the number of spectators cannot exceed the number of places, surges are physically impossible. There are potential problems with the incline of the terrace, if it is too shallow then sight-lines for shorter fans could be an issue. The present situation is unacceptable, the root of fan/steward antipathy and fan- on- fan dust-ups. I remain to be convinced that a standing area will help improve the atmosphere, for the whole stadium anyway Eventually it will be accepted that the days of the ground "rocking " belong to when you could pay at the gate, stand or sit where-ever you wanted and even youngsters could afford the admission. Unlike nowadays.
Football has much bigger problems than safe-standing, FIFA is still as corrupt as ever, Uefa hardly any better,
the FA is a joke (trouble is the joke is on the fans) the wages of players and the power of agents, rogue owners of clubs, the problems at grass root level, are all far more in need of fixing.

Will be interesting to see what pricing that City would eventually bring in for safe standing. Do they keep it at what the standard match day prices are now or half it, £58 for a match day ticket to see Leicester a few months back was ridiculous. They could potentially bring back a lot of blues who have been priced out and also bring the atmosphere back which had nose dived in the last 4-5 years or do our execs think that putting another VIP lounge in to make money is the way forward?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.