West Brom post-match thread

I did not have a stream yesterday and going of the comments by some expected to see quite a poor performance. Watching Nissan game of the day I was pleasantly surprised by the way the team played, the movement of the ball, control of the game and how we dominated a side which set different challenges for us and offered a very physical threat from set pieces etc.

It was a potential banana skin and we passed with flying colours.
It was a mix I thought of great approach play and for the most part poor finishing/final ball. If we had maintained a 2 goal lead for longer it would have been more enjoyable. Any win away from home though is a big result.

We've just gone 5 points clear, we've scored 3 away from home. We're unbeaten all season. But read this thread, read this site, you'd think we're in turmoil. A greater bunch of ungrateful, utterly spoilt, FIFA 18 playing wankers you could not create. What do people want? Wankers.
Remember Swales and be grateful.

This game could've been another Stoke if we didn't play in 3rd/4th gear and get sloppy. West Brom stopped trying after the 70th minute and Raz made 3-4 great runs that could've led to goals.

Stop comparing us to the red sh*te.
Could it be that they have conceded fewer goals than us is because;
1.) The majority of their games have been against teams in the bottom half of the table.
2.) We play in the opponents half for much of the time, thus creating opportunities for them to score on the break.
3.) Two goals against us were own goals from deflections and one was a worldy.
4.) Harry Kane was missing for team Harry yesterday and he would probably have bagged a couple.
Finally, look at our goal difference FFS.

I don't see what your comment has to do with the ones you quoted.

Yeah, we won, that doesn't mean we're not showing some weaknesses that need to be addressed.
Everybody makes mistakes.
Players can not be expected to feel 100%
up for every minute of every game.
Despite these facts we are top of the premier league by 5 points and have a ridiculous goal difference of 29 after 10 games!
We are also the bookies favourites to win the league.
If we've got problems to attend to then it's god help the rest of them!

Gaz Baz had an excellent game for them. McClean is a dirty bastard always looking to hurt someone. We did enough. That apart, they were exactly as everyone expected, the scoreline flatters them big time. Bottom line: we march on. Pep to gee them up for the next 2 very important games which will define our season imo.

Today we made progress in the league. Prior to the games we were a combined 10 points ahead of our closest rivals, United and Spurs. We are now a combined 13 points ahead of them. A good day in my book.
Since when did the red sh*te become a rival?

Good three points and a good drive back as the M6 wasn't playing silly buggers.
Got to question those who say it could have been a tricky fixture. The Baggies worked hard but that was all; we were miles better all over the pitch and any problems were of our own making - Ota's cock up at the end, JG's poor first touch when through, that blast well off target from KDB, Sane messing up near the end.
At the moment we look the real seal so why can't our own fans see that? Pep won't be too happy with our sloppy play.

Gaz Baz had an excellent game for them. McClean is a dirty bastard always looking to hurt someone. We did enough. That apart, they were exactly as everyone expected, the scoreline flatters them big time. Bottom line: we march on. Pep to gee them up for the next 2 very important games which will define our season imo.
They are not season defining games.
If we should lose in Naples then we have still got 2 more group games to pick up the necessary points, one being a home match against Feyenoord.
I don't see Arsenal beating us.

They are not season defining games.
If we should lose in Naples then we have still got 2 more group games to pick up the necessary points, one being a home match against Feyenoord.
I don't see Arsenal beating us.
Chelsea away was a season defining game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.