West Brom post-match thread

There's been a subtle shift away from banging on about FFP to questioning the nature of our ownership. The beauty (if that's the right word) is that this argument can be levelled at both PSG and City. The problem, as far as other club owners are concerned, is that they want to make money out of football, which means they want a return on their investment in hard cash paid to shareholders and owners. The owners of PSG and City do not, they plough almost all the money they generate back in to their respective clubs, they own football clubs for reasons other than generating profit.

State ownership is a great phrase, it sounds sinister, morons think its state sponsorship so they think we're fiddling the books (again) it plays to the Arab haters and shines a spotlight on Abu Dhabi's reputation....

Perhaps you can help me I was looking for the video detailing the owners of a certain other club(s) whos owners come from a country that is currently building a wall between it and other countries that it borders whilst arresting residents and splitting up families by removing their parents and relocating them behind said wall. The president of this company is a warmongering meglomaniac (No not North Korea) and comes from a privileged rich kids background and whilst a successful businessman has carried out multiple deals with questionable morality. His current briefings, tweets and policies alienate large portions of the population and have a scant regard to those lesser members of society so much so that the country is currently undergoing a major drug epidemic due to a poor socio-economic climate and growth in the illegal use of opiates both ingested in prescribed form or illegally through the extensive and large heroin trade. The OD and death rates from which are staggering. Some of the business dealings of these companies are questionable and strangely one company never releases its business accounts for public scrutiny but hides them away in the Cayman Islands, their company was acquired on a leveraged buy out system which loaded the parent football club with in excess of half a billion pounds of debt on which they pay preposterous interest so much so that the majority of that debt remains over a decade later (12 years) yet they regularly break the transfer record and only recently made 2 astronomical purchases, one worth 90 million pounds. Now what bank manager in his right mind allows anyone in that much debt to make those kind of purchases. Answers in a brown envelope to UEFA marked FAO David Gill.

Anyway I can't find the video......

Perhaps you can help me I was looking for the video detailing the owners of a certain other club(s) whos owners come from a country that is currently building a wall between it and other countries that it borders whilst arresting residents and splitting up families by removing their parents and relocating them behind said wall. The president of this company is a warmongering meglomaniac (No not North Korea) and comes from a privileged rich kids background and whilst a successful businessman has carried out multiple deals with questionable morality. His current briefings, tweets and policies alienate large portions of the population and have a scant regard to those lesser members of society so much so that the country is currently undergoing a major drug epidemic due to a poor socio-economic climate and growth in the illegal use of opiates both ingested in prescribed form or illegally through the extensive and large heroin trade. The OD and death rates from which are staggering. Some of the business dealings of these companies are questionable and strangely one company never releases its business accounts for public scrutiny but hides them away in the Cayman Islands, their company was acquired on a leveraged buy out system which loaded the parent football club with in excess of half a billion pounds of debt on which they pay preposterous interest so much so that the majority of that debt remains over a decade later (12 years) yet they regularly break the transfer record and only recently made 2 astronomical purchases, one worth 90 million pounds. Now what bank manager in his right mind allows anyone in that much debt to make those kind of purchases. Answers in a brown envelope to UEFA marked FAO David Gill.

Strange that, maybe you can help me out? I'm struggling to find a video on robber barons, or maybe one on mysterious investors heralding from a one party state out in the Far East?

I'm sure you would agree It would feel a lot less sordid being a City fan if we were owned by the likes of Mike Ashley and were sponsored by Wonga or Bet365. I can't deny it's getting to me! It can be a real strain leaving my moral compass behind every time I swipe my season card at the Etihad.

Amen.One of the best posts ive ever read on BM.

Quite a few - but take your point.

Really enjoyed it, as much as any of our games. The only legitimate complaints are Ota's howler (he had a super game otherwise), and some wasteful play in the final third. We're moving the ball around so quickly and confidently, every player looks far better than their opponent. Tactically no-one has come close to finding a way to stop us carving them up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.