West Brom Post Match Thread

This is happening, friends grandsons are in the city set up, aged 7 and 4 years. Go from Sheffield, get all the kit, showed around regularly and match tickets. Parents are very excited however there is about 400 in each age group.
Just to add to the conversation about how seriously City are taking the academy. I was talking to someone from West Yorkshire just before Christmas and he told me about a local lad that City have scouted and identified as worth training. The academy sends a coach from Manchester to West Yorkshire each evening to train this lad locally because he can't travel to Manchester because of his schooling. This has been going on for a good while now and since then they have recruited another 4 or 5 local lads into the group which the coach trains.
That is some commitment.

Pretty impressive to put in a performance as good as that, at this stage of the season, with so many injuries and players playing out of position. Not pretty impressive. Very impressive. Its not long ago that if one or more of Yaya, Dave, Vinnie or Kun were not available, we all had a meltdown.

Am more impressed every time I see Zinchenko play, everyone performed and if we were more clinical it could have been 5 or 6. Liked Brahims cameo as well. What can you say though about Kev. He must be the best midfield player in the world at the moment.

Dermot Gallagher believes Matt Phillips should have been sent off for his challenge on Diaz

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...or-spurs-against-man-utd-have-been-disallowed

Incident: Matt Phillips only saw yellow for this challenge on Brahim Diaz, but was it a red card?

Dermot's verdict: Wrong decision, red card

Dermot says: If the referee [Robert Madley] has the view we have here, he will send him off every day of the week because it is high, late, at speed and likely to endanger the safety of an opponent. But if you go back to the original shot, what you will see is that the only justification for not giving that is Gareth Barry is immediately between the referee and the incident and he does not have a clear view of it. All he sees is the outcome of it, rather than the actual occurrence itself.

I think my favorite part of the matchday thread was the people already settling for a draw only fifteen minutes in. I used to be called out for being negative but it takes a special person to find fault with this team.

Dermot Gallagher believes Matt Phillips should have been sent off for his challenge on Diaz

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...or-spurs-against-man-utd-have-been-disallowed

Incident: Matt Phillips only saw yellow for this challenge on Brahim Diaz, but was it a red card?

Dermot's verdict: Wrong decision, red card

Dermot says: If the referee [Robert Madley] has the view we have here, he will send him off every day of the week because it is high, late, at speed and likely to endanger the safety of an opponent. But if you go back to the original shot, what you will see is that the only justification for not giving that is Gareth Barry is immediately between the referee and the incident and he does not have a clear view of it. All he sees is the outcome of it, rather than the actual occurrence itself.
If all he saw was the outcome, then it shouldn't have been a yellow, as how did he know Diaz wasn't play acting? Refs must guess at half the decisions they make......oh, sorry, not guess, make a judgement call based on their prejudices.

If all he saw was the outcome, then it shouldn't have been a yellow, as how did he know Diaz wasn't play acting? Refs must guess at half the decisions they make......oh, sorry, not guess, make a judgement call based on their prejudices.
Boggles the mind, doesn’t it?

I think my favorite part of the matchday thread was the people already settling for a draw only fifteen minutes in. I used to be called out for being negative but it takes a special person to find fault with this team.
Who “settled for a draw”?!?!?

I think this was the most comfortable home game of the season. Most games these days all I care really about is “can we score or can they hold out?” Last night I had no doubts from the off. They barely got in our half and looked vulnerable, whilst we looked bang at it.

Who “settled for a draw”?!?!?

I think this was the most comfortable home game of the season. Most games these days all I care really about is “can we score or can they hold out?” Last night I had no doubts from the off. They barely got in our half and looked vulnerable, whilst we looked bang at it.
Exactly. But there will always be those who go into panic mode if City haven't scored in the first five minutes. Parking the bus is almost always a bad idea, sooner or later City will pick that lock.

Because no refs are sending off the scumbags trying to cripple our players, players are launching into us without fear of a red card. It’s worse than a disgrace. I can't quite find the right words to describe the assaults on our players. Because Kevin scored after McLean's attempted assault failed, it was shown several times on the screens. Manure fan Madley daren't have looked. We were talking on here about McLean a week ago - we knew what he'd attempt to do.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.