West Ham 2016/17

Apart from winning the European Cup Winners Cup.

...over 50 years ago. Prior to 2011/12, you could hardly say we had European pedigree even though we had won a European trophy more recently than West Ham and been in the uefa cup a couple of times just prior.

So you think Eintracht Frankfurt have European pedigree. They are not a club in a position to disrespect a European competition. Who do they think they are to think they are too good for the Europa League?

...over 50 years ago. Prior to 2011/12, you could hardly say we had European pedigree even though we had won a European trophy more recently than West Ham and been in the uefa cup a couple of times just prior.

So you think Eintracht Frankfurt have European pedigree. They are not a club in a position to disrespect a European competition. Who do they think they are to think they are too good for the Europa League?

Just five years before your last European trophy then. They also reached the final again in 1976.

European football didn't start when the Champions League began.

Just five years before your last European trophy then. They also reached the final again in 1976.

European football didn't start when the Champions League began.

Thanks for the reminder about football not starting when the Champions League began. i'd forgotten. Althoug as I mentioned Enitracht Frankfurt, you were aware I knew that.

You have still failed to convince me of West Ham's European pedigree. A trophy 51 years ago and a final 40 years ago. Next, you will be informing me of Oxford University's pedigree in the FA Cup. Fulham (who last appeared in a final in 1976)?

Thanks for the reminder about football not starting when the Champions League began. i'd forgotten. Althoug as I mentioned Enitracht Frankfurt, you were aware I knew that.

You have still failed to convince me of West Ham's European pedigree. A trophy 51 years ago and a final 40 years ago. Next, you will be informing me of Oxford University's pedigree in the FA Cup. Fulham (who last appeared in a final in 1976)?

I would have thought that pedigree means a substantial level of success. We have a recent pedigree and only a whiff if we go back fifty years. Wiiiiiiist Hiiiiiiiim have hardly got either.

And Notlob's

And Notlob's

I did think he may be a BWFC fan so I looked at his previous posts. Having done that, I believe @SpiritofBurnden is a West Ham fan. Although for some reason, he refers to West Ham as 'they'. I cannot understand why a West Ham fan would post on this forum and not admit to supporting them. West Ham fans appear to be well received here apart from the album threads by our resident Hammer.

its all part of the plan ,go out early then they can concentrate on trying to get in the top 6 this season that will get them a place in the.......................doh

Think that was last seasons plan so they could go forward into the new stadium/season in Europe, very big oops moment.

You obviously do need reminding since you seem to think that anything that happened 50 years ago doesn't count.

Belittling other clubs achievements because they happened before Sky invented football makes you sound like one of those scousers who think that Chelsea 'have got no history', despite the fact that Chelsea actually won their first league title in 1955.

Fulham last appeared in an FA Cup final in 1975... West Ham beat them.

Correcting your sketchy knowledge of football history doesn't mean that i actually support the other teams in question. I support Bolton. The clue is in the username.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.