West Ham 2016/17

You obviously do need reminding since you seem to think that anything that happened 50 years ago doesn't count.

Belittling other clubs achievements because they happened before Sky invented football makes you sound like one of those scousers who think that Chelsea 'have got no history', despite the fact that Chelsea actually won their first league title in 1955.

Fulham last appeared in an FA Cup final in 1975... West Ham beat them.

Correcting your sketchy knowledge of football history doesn't mean that i actually support the other teams in question. I support Bolton. The clue is in the username.

Haha. Get you. I referred to Fulham,funnily enough, because West Ham beat them. But I am sure you didn't have to check Wiki for the facts. You just happen to be a 'Bolton fan' who knows the full details of West Ham's honours board. You do not support Bolton. Almost all your posts are on West Ham and the Olympics. You are a strange individual.

Of course, I know what Burnden refers too. I have been to Burnden Park to watch football and RL (pre-PL, of course).

The fact that I do not know the details of each of West Ham's achievements does not make my knowledge of football sketchy. To be honest, I would find it quite odd if an opposition supporter could reel off the dates of when we won trophies in the 60s and 70s.

As for belittling West Ham's achievements, you are wide of the mark. I don't believe we have a good European pedigree ourselves so your assumptions about my reasoning are incorrect. I also happen to like West Ham. I always have done.

Leyton Orient should have had it. Hearn had made bold plans to keep it profitable like year round. Yet they were roundly shafted by all parties.

Haha. Get you. I referred to Fulham,funnily enough, because West Ham beat them. But I am sure you didn't have to check Wiki for the facts. You just happen to be a 'Bolton fan' who knows the full details of West Ham's honours board. You do not support Bolton. Almost all your posts are on West Ham and the Olympics. You are a strange individual.

Of course, I know what Burnden refers too. I have been to Burnden Park to watch football and RL (pre-PL, of course).

The fact that I do not know the details of each of West Ham's achievements does not make my knowledge of football sketchy. To be honest, I would find it quite odd if an opposition supporter could reel off the dates of when we won trophies in the 60s and 70s.

As for belittling West Ham's achievements, you are wide of the mark. I don't believe we have a good European pedigree ourselves so your assumptions about my reasoning are incorrect. I also happen to like West Ham. I always have done.

My posts are about West Ham and the Olympics on threads about West Ham and the Olympics. What's strange about that?

In fact what's 'odd' about a football supporter knowing something about football history? You don't need to be able to reel off the dates when other teams won trophies, it's fairly easy to check in this day and age, rather than just making ill-informed comments.

Incidentally it's nearly 40 years since Forest last won the European Cup. That doesn't make their achievements irrelevant and nor does it make me a Forest fan.

Last edited:
Leyton Orient should have had it. Hearn had made bold plans to keep it profitable like year round. Yet they were roundly shafted by all parties.

Leyton Orient could possibly have made it work if the original plan of removing the top tier and leaving the bottom tier in place had been followed. That would have left a 25,000 capacity stadium with a running track. However it couldn't then have been used to stage major events like the Athletics World Championships next year as the capacity wouldn't have been large enough. Orient could possibly have ground-shared with West Ham but they couldn't have taken on a 60-70,000 capacity stadium themselves.

My posts are about West Ham and the Olympics on threads about West Ham and the Olympics. What's strange about that?

In fact what's 'odd' about a football supporter knowing something about football history? You don't need to be able to reel off the dates when other teams won trophies, it's fairly easy to check in this day and age, rather than just making ill-informed comments.

Incidentally it's nearly 40 years since Forest last won the European Cup. That doesn't make their achievements irrelevant and nor does it make me a Forest fan.

You and I know who you really support. Even one of your first ever posts,talks about West Ham having had better crowds in the past than ours. We'll leave it there.

As for 'pedigree' it is not the same as 'relevance'. You are tying yourself in knots because you do fail to grasp what the words mean.

Would you we had title winning pedigree in 2011? Although we were top tier champions on two occasions prior to 2012, I would argue that we didn't have title winning pedigree. Why? Because the club in 2012 did not resemble, apart from a proportion of fans, had nothing to do with MCFC when we last won the league.

When I was talking about pedigree initially, I wasn't making it about City compared to West Ham or whether or not I regard West Ham as 'relevant' (what club is not relevant?). You turned it into that. This is now the third time you have been uppity with Blues on this forum and tried to compare us infavourably with West Ham. But no, you are a Bolton fan....

You and I know who you really support. Even one of your first ever posts,talks about West Ham having had better crowds in the past than ours. We'll leave it there.

As for 'pedigree' it is not the same as 'relevance'. You are tying yourself in knots because you do fail to grasp what the words mean.

Would you we had title winning pedigree in 2011? Although we were top tier champions on two occasions prior to 2012, I would argue that we didn't have title winning pedigree. Why? Because the club in 2012 did not resemble, apart from a proportion of fans, had nothing to do with MCFC when we last won the league.

When I was talking about pedigree initially, I wasn't making it about City compared to West Ham or whether or not I regard West Ham as 'relevant' (what club is not relevant?). You turned it into that. This is now the third time you have been uppity with Blues on this forum and tried to compare us infavourably with West Ham. But no, you are a Bolton fan....

You've actually checked out some of my posts and still not worked out who i support? The username wasn't enough of a clue either? I'm guessing i'm not dealing with a Mensa candidate here then.

To dismiss any club as having 'no pedigree' when they've won major trophies, makes you sound like one of those whoppers who thinks that football only started when the Premier League began.

I'm not even sure you knew that West Ham had been in one European final, let alone two, before you decided they had 'no European pedigree'.

The fact that it didn't happen recently is irrelevant. Forest won two European Cups nearly 40 years ago, so by your logic they have 'no European pedigree' either, even though though they've won the trophy more often than Arsenal, Dortmund and Atletico Madrid combined.

We'll leave it there.

The lads had some good things to say about the club and the way they treated the fans. Free pie n chips to the entertainment outside the ground.

The lads had some good things to say about the club and the way they treated the fans. Free pie n chips to the entertainment outside the ground.

20 minutes in is when they talk about the way the club great the fans, the stewards and City fans etc. People on other threads would go mental at some of the positive comments......

Proper football fans; know what they're talking about.

Unlike the rag wankers that post their meaningless drivel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.