West Ham 4th August In Iceland - 1500hrs Eurosport 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the 330,000 people who live in Iceland is such a big market to be targeting... It's a pointless match with more pointless travelling for our players who should instead be preparing for next season.
Of course it's pointless to us but like I said there will be viable commercial reasons for us and West Ham playing this game there....more to do with the Premier League than anything else....and I know there are only 333000 people in Iceland but thanks for the geography lesson anyway...but what about sponsorship deals TV rights etc which is what the premier league will be looking at anyone with half a brain can see that to City and West Ham it's probably not high on there list of pre season destinations but we are obviously required to play this game there for whatever reasons

Of course it's pointless to us but like I said there will be viable commercial reasons for us and West Ham playing this game there....more to do with the Premier League than anything else....and I know there are only 333000 people in Iceland but thanks for the geography lesson anyway...but what about sponsorship deals TV rights etc which is what the premier league will be looking at anyone with half a brain can see that to City and West Ham it's probably not high on there list of pre season destinations but we are obviously required to play this game there for whatever reasons

Is it not some idea an an Icelandic billionaire who has paid the prem a shitload of cash already twice before for this game to be held? If the arse were not in charity shield we would have played them again.

Used to do a fair bit of business there in the day, conferences and the like.

Benefits, 24 hour daylight that time of the year=24 hour party, beautiful, top lasses.
Disadvantages, stupidly expensive, people costantly trying to get you to try rotten shark/whale meat, and 24 hour daylight that time of the year=24 hour party

A place to out the original Viking da-dah chant before changing to "City, Man City, the best team in the land in all the world."

So atmospheric and it used to make the hairs on the back of neck stand-up that the song doesn't quite do.

Is it not some idea an an Icelandic billionaire who has paid the prem a shitload of cash already twice before for this game to be held? If the arse were not in charity shield we would have played them again.
Exactly you know a little more than me mate...we all know that somewhere behind the scenes someone is ploughing a few quid into something and it's our turn...why else would us and West Ham be asked to play in Iceland....it's all about the money£££

Exactly you know a little more than me mate...we all know that somewhere behind the scenes someone is ploughing a few quid into something and it's our turn...why else would us and West Ham be asked to play in Iceland....it's all about the money£££

Actually I was completely wrong it was Finland we played arsenal the other year.

After searching it is apparently what the thomas cook trophy was and now called the supermatch, a now yearly event the week before the season where we play an invited team to play us, with it being played in different host countries instead of at eastlands

Year Winner Runner-Up Score
2004/05
Manchester City Lazio
3–1
2005/06 Manchester City Olympiacos 3–1
2006/07 Porto Manchester City
1–0
2007/08 Valencia Manchester City
1–0
2008/09 Manchester City Milan
1–0
2010/11 Borussia Dortmund Manchester City
3–1
2012/13 Manchester City Arsenal
2–0
2013/14 Arsenal Manchester City
3–1
2015/16 Stuttgart Manchester City
4–2
2016/17 Arsenal Manchester City
3–2

Actually I was completely wrong it was Finland we played arsenal the other year.

After searching it is apparently what the thomas cook trophy was and now called the supermatch, a now yearly event the week before the season where we play an invited team to play us, with it being played in different host countries instead of at eastlands

Year Winner Runner-Up Score
2004/05
Manchester City Lazio
3–1
2005/06 Manchester City Olympiacos 3–1
2006/07 Porto Manchester City
1–0
2007/08 Valencia Manchester City
1–0
2008/09 Manchester City Milan
1–0
2010/11 Borussia Dortmund Manchester City
3–1
2012/13 Manchester City Arsenal
2–0
2013/14 Arsenal Manchester City
3–1
2015/16 Stuttgart Manchester City
4–2
2016/17 Arsenal Manchester City
3–2
Even so what your suggesting will be something along the lines....money talks and someone has put a few quid up for this to happen...next season it could well be Everton v Spurs or the like we have seen these kind of random fixtures pop up more and more

Fk that did you watch fortitude the place is dodgy as fk, full of mad axe men and flesh eating wasps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.