West Ham Post Match Thread | Friendly in Iceland

The only thing that worries me with 3 5 2.
Is we only have 3 top class centre half.
And only 2 proper strikers

Unless they bring 1 of each in we would have to change formation if we pick up injuries unless we decide maybe to use diniho,walker,mendy, tosin in a back 3 and sterling and sane as striker's???

I loved how Otto nailed the little pea shitter to take him out following a cynical foul by the shitter. Classic ( and no foul given)

Good workout.
Ederson looks to have settled in v quickly and is a beast as well as pretty decent with his feet. He is clearly an utter nutter but he does ooze confidence which seems to be spreading to the likes of Stones and Otamendi who looked very solid too.
Another assured injury free outing for Kompany.
Danilo continues to look an absolute snip and will be instrumental because of his versatility.
Sane and Stirling looking sharp ready and hungry.
Hugely impressed with KDB and his incredible work rate as well as his obvious quality.
Yaya looked fit and interested.
Sergio and the Silvas a little off the pace but improved as the game went on.
Walker looked good again when he came on.
Youngsters did really well especially Foden who is set to be a superstar.
All together an excellent game for the squad.
Bring on the season. We are ready.

Not really sure that Vinny on the right of the three works for him, he's not as mobile as he once was and gets caught out a lot more than usual. In the middle would suit him more, but Stones has looked excellent there.

looks a good pre-season and the team have played well even in the united game and results are not really the be all but nice when we won

the premier league is another thing and the pressure starts i feel pep and the players will be put under so much pressure by the media and i will hold judgement until after the first couple of games but the signs and looking very good the options i like this season are the 3 at the back and 2 wing backs its so easy to see from last season that the old fullbacks could not play or had the legs to play in pep plans its high pressure on the ball when we lose it and the need to get back was a joy to see in pre-season

but the big plus for me is the size of the squad and even a couple of loan players from last season in samir nasri and mangala all looking for a place even 2 or 3 of the youth lads are looking like they can add something so pep must be happy and ready to go

Not really sure that Vinny on the right of the three works for him, he's not as mobile as he once was and gets caught out a lot more than usual. In the middle would suit him more, but Stones has looked excellent there.
The cover is provided by the central player in a back free, Stones is rapid for a centre half and with rapid full backs, the cover is there.

It does seem strange with the personnel were looking to play 3-5-2 as it will pretty much exclude the likes of Sane and Sterling.

Still think we will revert back to the famous five once the season starts.

Jesus/Aguero/Sane
Silva KDB

Vinny — I'm very, very slowly starting to breathe out. Probably jinx it it if I do, though.
Anybody else feel that there are signs in this pre-season that both Otamendi and Stones are thinking better on their feet than most of last season? I'm expecting a markedly better level, from both. Of course, it will help considerably that they can feel more relaxed about what's happening out wide on the flanks.

Anyone else thinking signing Bernardo may have been overkill? Roberts, Brahim, and Foden all waiting in the wings and super talented. Really hope we can bring at least 2 of them through properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.