West Ham Post Match Thread

Just been reading the West Ham forum, Knees up mother brown. What a bunch of southern tw*ts. Banging on about oil money spent. I wonder if when they play someone like Burnley they expect to have comparisons made about money spent?

Bit rich to be decrying the wealth of others when they are sat in a stadium paid for by the public purse. Suggest a few watch the BBC London news, assuming it is indeed broadcast into deeper, darker Essex.

It used to be the case that standing in front of a player trying to take a free-kick would result in the player in possession kicking the ball against the time-wasting player and the latter being booked. However, I never see that happen these days, so has that law been changed?
There's nothing specifically about that in the Duration of the Match (Time Allowed for Time Lost). Like Lee Won Pen says about kicking the ball away it might be in another section.

Edit: it is still in the laws under free kicks:

If, when a free kick is taken, an opponent is closer to the ball than the required distance, the kick is retaken unless the advantage can be applied; but if a player takes a free kick quickly and an opponent who is less than 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball intercepts it, the referee allows play to continue. However, an opponent who deliberately prevents a free kick being taken quickly must be cautioned for delaying the restart of play.

Last edited:
The way Pep change the recycling of the ball second half was the best decision for me. First half we had Delph collecting the ball off Ederson, with Merlin and Kev further up field. Second half it was Kev collecting the ball and we seemed to be so much more quicker on the ball and more potent.

Just been reading the West Ham forum, Knees up mother brown. What a bunch of southern tw*ts. Banging on about oil money spent. I wonder if when they play someone like Burnley they expect to have comparisons made about money spent?
ask them about their subsided ground that we are all paying for.

Corner situation needs sorting. 3 games on the trot it's been terrible.
It's alright Pep saying don't concede any but that doesn't help because we will. Height definitely an issue that other teams are targeting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.