West Ham Post Match Thread

Brilliant mate good recall,it’s all about keeping people interested as I said if the rags were in our position the fawning from sky would be off the scale yes we have been praised but at times it feels like it’s through gritted teeth from some..don’t even want to imagine if the rags were to win next week it would be hailed and held up as good as England in 1966 ..
If the worst happens would they be joint top again? Lolololol.

Corner situation needs sorting. 3 games on the trot it's been terrible.
It's alright Pep saying don't concede any but that doesn't help because we will. Height definitely an issue that other teams are targeting.

We hadn't conceded from a set piece of any type until Stones got injured, don't know whether this is just a coincidence or another sign of just how much Stones is improving.
It may also be that teams are trying a different tactic, saw a piece may be on MOTD not sure, that showed how teams are now concentrating on near post corners and flick ons to try to beat our zonal marking. If this is now going to be the norm then we need to work on stopping the near post flick ons I think that both Huddersfield and Southampton goal came from this.

Edit. As said below Southampton did not score from the short corner but they did hit the bar and should have scored when their player put another one over the bar. The short corners are causing problems

Last edited:
We hadn't conceded from a set piece of any type until Stones got injured, don't know whether this is just a coincidence or another sign of just how much Stones is improving.
It may also be that teams are trying a different tactic, saw a piece may be on MOTD not sure, that showed how teams are now concentrating on near post corners and flick ons to try to beat our zonal marking. If this is now going to be the norm then we need to work on stopping the near post flick ons I think that both Huddersfield and Southampton goal came from this.

Also criminal that no one closed down the short corner yesterday and Ederson should have saved the header. But still this was from a corner.

Southampton goal came from a
Floated cross. Our defending from corners was poor all game though.

Also criminal that no one closed down the short corner yesterday and Ederson should have saved the header. But still this was from a corner.

I watched it again and don't think it was a keeper error. It was a good header and bounced just before him. I actually think he made a decent effort to save it. The not stopping the short corners and allowing that much time for the cross was poor though.

I really find it strange that people think teams have an obligation to come and play open expansive football against us. Listened to a guy on 606 last night bemoan their tactics and those of Huddersfield and Southampton. Kept going on about football as a brand being damaged and they should be entertaining the football world not worrying about how many we will beat them by when they do. Its rediculous, teams will do what they think is right to try and get something from the game for the good of their season, and to be fair it very nearly worked for them. Closer than most others.

No amount of moaning will change that teams will keep doing this to us and its up to us to be good enough to beat them, which thankfully we have so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.