West Ham v City FA Cup post match

I agree with a lot of that, but lucky is unfair on Sterling. He was unlucky the defender got the touch he was about to get. His chances earlier though were poor finishing.

I'd take it a step further with Stones & say he was fucking hopeless at defending & his passing was uninspired & boderline dangerous. No better than any run of the mill cb & his 'breaking through the lines' thing that we signed him for, was non existent. Otamendi has taken it on instead. But I think it's down to him looking calm on the outside when actually he's shitting his pants on the inside. He looked more confident as the game went on & even scored from a header (almost twice) which is something he has been beyond hopeless at since we signed him.

Hopefully he will gain some confidence from that. I recon that is the secret, which is wrong with both him & Otamendi. It's not ability it's decision making & composure. Imo they are cacking themselves quite a bit but not showing it obviously. It manifests itself in rashness from Otamendi wheras Stones tries to be cool. When both calm down a bit, they look really good.

As regards 'turning the corner', I would hope that the team has but can't be sure. But Pep has.

He's realised he was right to start with & that an adapted version of his method, ie passing the ball out, not lumping it, is the way to go.
You put it better than I did Nev.

Thanks for taking the time. I thought I was the only one with eyes. :-)

.... not ears as they are useless when the media are just embarrassing - including our own media in that these days :-)

Chelsea is our best PL performance of the season imo. In any other year, Aguero would have 3 & they would have been fucking destroyed, possibly taking them weeks to recover & then the Leicester debacle would have been unlikely.

But miss easy situations v top sides & you get turned over.
..and Silva in hat game was one of the best I've seen by a blue, yet this got lost

Thought Stones was good second half but first half he definitely had a couple of shaky moments that could have cost us goals.
I think he is currently better coming out of defense with the ball at his feet than he is a t passing when his reading of the game lets him down occasionally.
Very promising defender but not the complete defender yet.

I've been trying to keep it in to avoid the inevitable bashing but as good as we played it was obvious to me once more that Stones was again pretty bad at defending and wasn't not very good at passing forward. And Sterling is still almost very good - the og being a great example - right place but very lucky instead of very good.

My suspicion is that we'll be a shambles again very soon. We need a better squad to play the Pep way and be anyway consistent.

But I hope I'm wrong and we've turned a corner...

I'll agree slightly with this and Nev's comments about Stones, I feel he needs to be more aggressive with and without the ball, always starts the game a little over confident and too casual however your comments regarding Sterling are bollocks, he's been superb and was again on Friday, as for lucky?? I'd argue he was unlucky in the fact the defender got the touch and took a goal off his tally. He's never hidden in any game this season and worked harder than anyone.

I'll agree slightly with this and Nev's comments about Stones, I feel he needs to be more aggressive with and without the ball, always starts the game a little over confident and too casual however your comments regarding Sterling are bollocks, he's been superb and was again on Friday, as for lucky?? I'd argue he was unlucky in the fact the defender got the touch and took a goal off his tally. He's never hidden in any game this season and worked harder than anyone.

And if Sergio had squared it for tap in instead of shooting, Raheem would have got the goal he deserved.

Sterling threw a strop when Aguero decided to shoot instead of pass in the dying minutes. Can't blame Aguero for trying though 8 out of 10 it would have gone in.

I'm not saying Sterling is bad at all. At certain things he is good. But he is just short of being "very good" because he is quite often "nearly there".

Years ago I remember us playing Arsenal (when they were miles ahead of us) and I remember remarking that what differentiated the two teams was their passing was inch perfect and ours was often just a foot off either way. It was enough to mean that we had no consistent flow to our game. Nearly there wasn't good enough.

Let's hope Sterling and Stones get there but I swear I'd never sign an English player outside of youth again....but that's another argument I guess.

I'm not saying Sterling is bad at all. At certain things he is good. But he is just short of being "very good" because he is quite often "nearly there".

Years ago I remember us playing Arsenal (when they were miles ahead of us) and I remember remarking that what differentiated the two teams was their passing was inch perfect and ours was often just a foot off either way. It was enough to mean that we had no consistent flow to our game. Nearly there wasn't good enough.

Let's hope Sterling and Stones get there but I swear I'd never sign an English player outside of youth again....but that's another argument I guess.
Nothing wrong with English players as long as they are good enough. They bring more passion and hard work and know the english game. I seen many foreign players come and just not adapt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.