West Ham v City FA Cup post match

Great game. West Ham did make it easy but it wasnt as easy as some of the big teams have faced over the weekend (And are now seemingly going to win everything due to their amazing performances!).

Zabba played well in midfield, he was my motm
Yaya is brilliant at the back orchestrating the move out of defence into attack, he is perfect for that, great vision.
Willy is better than Bravo
We dont play like Barca, we play like City!

10/10

The trouble is why can't we play like that every week, if we did then we wouldn't be so far behind Chelsea in the league. We need the same type of performance like that when we play Crystal Palace away in the next round,

The trouble is why can't we play like that every week, if we did then we wouldn't be so far behind Chelsea in the league. We need the same type of performance like that when we play Crystal Palace away in the next round,

If Aguero had scored one of his pens vs Everton and KDB had scored vs Chelsea, we would probably be top of the league...

If Aguero had scored one of his pens vs Everton and KDB had scored vs Chelsea, we would probably be top of the league...

Margins, definitely..... I still maintain we have played the best football this year, when allowed to.... Unfortunately our achillies heel has been our lack of being clinical, another 20 goal a season striker/forward sees us comfortable at the top of this league, which is laughable considering our defensive issues..... Step up the baby Jesus (:

Margins, definitely..... I still maintain we have played the best football this year, when allowed to.... Unfortunately our achillies heel has been our lack of being clinical, another 20 goal a season striker/forward sees us comfortable at the top of this league, which is laughable considering our defensive issues..... Step up the baby Jesus (:
Jesus Saves!

We might play like that every week - if we played west ham every week. They were terrible. It does at least give us a standard of performance to aim for.

We might play like that every week - if we played west ham every week. They were terrible. It does at least give us a standard of performance to aim for.

That's true but our passing was a lot better, than it has been. Not saying we didn't make mistakes, but there were a lot less of them.
A lot of out problems, have been giving the ball away in dangerous areas and the other side being clinical. Also our commitment
to get back behind the ball, when we lose it, has upped no end. Special mention goes to Yaya, who I've been very critical of.
In all we seem to be looking a lot fitter and are working harder.

That's true but our passing was a lot better, than it has been. Not saying we didn't make mistakes, but there were a lot less of them.
A lot of out problems, have been giving the ball away in dangerous areas and the other side being clinical. Also our commitment
to get back behind the ball, when we lose it, has upped no end. Special mention goes to Yaya, who I've been very critical of.
In all we seem to be looking a lot fitter and are working harder.

The passing was crisper due to the lack of press by West Ham... Give us time on the ball and we'd beat every team in the league at a canter, however, certain players in the team, yaya, silva and KDB to name but 3, need to control the tempo, when pressed it invariably sees them expose our frailties!

something else I forgot to mention... Our defence were good, they played confidently and passed it out well... Us scoring takes the pressure off them a lot. Takes them out of the spotlight, and a balanced view of the defence under a spotlight is never going to happen.

The passing was crisper due to the lack of press by West Ham... Give us time on the ball and we'd beat every team in the league at a canter, however, certain players in the team, yaya, silva and KDB to name but 3, need to control the tempo, when pressed it invariably sees them expose our frailties!

I agree a lot was down to WHU standing off us too much, but we still have the ability to be sloppy.
I didn't think we've been as sloppy recently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.