We've got enough....

I'm glad in a way that it looks like we've missed out on Mbappe and Sanchez

It will allow us to blood the fantastic young players we have in Foden and Diaz

It also keeps a big reserve of cash for next year when we can bring in the world class DM that we need to finish off the side

We have lots of goals already in the team , players will improve on last season

Aguero 30 goals
Jesus 20 goals
Sterling 15 goals
Sane 15 goals

That's eighty goals there just from the forwards

I will get much more satisfaction out of winning the league with foden and Diaz getting games than I would with buying Sanchez and making it a dead cert
We do indeed have a strong squad and will likely win the PL.

But our owners are not satisfied with this - our goal is to win the CL.

And Madrid are the best team in football by a fair margin, with Bayern and Barca and now PSG also very strong. Our squad can now compete with these teams... but against RM, I'd much rather have Sanchez and Mbappe *both* in our squad.
================
One last thought...

Is a strong academy, consistently developing "home grown" players - players who end up starting for and becoming the best of their squad - is such an academy more of a nostalgic anachronism than a vital part of today's game?

Last edited:
We do indeed have a strong squad and will likely win the PL.

But our owners are not satisfied with this - our goal is to win the CL.

And Madrid are the best team in football by a fair margin, with Bayern and Barca and now PSG also very strong. Our squad can now compete with these teams... but against RM, I'd much rather have Sanchez and Mbappe *both* in our squad.
================
One last thought...

Is a strong academy, consistently developing "home grown" players - players who end up starting for and becoming the best of their squad - is such an academy more of a nostalgic anachronism than a vital part of today's game?
I agree Sanchez would most definatly give us that boost to challenge and if not win the champions league for sure. Forget Mbappe. Sanchez is the player we need if we want to go for the champions league.

Can only have a certain number of star players, rumours already surfacing about Sane and Sterling not being happy sitting on the bench.

Whatever any disappointment at not getting a late signing in this has been one heck of a window. If you would have said we had got rid of the majority of deadwood and solved our most pressing need - along with signing one of the best young midfielders in the world I would have been ecstatic. And, that is exactly what has happened. It's now down to Pep to get the best out of his much younger squad, and if we are missing anything we could always put a cheeky (low) bid for Alexis in January.

If Mendy and Walker had been signed towards the end rather than the beginning of the window, then I very much doubt there'd be any suggestions this has been a bad window.

In many forms of life, how something ends defines how you remember it, sometimes forgetting what went before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.