We've got enough....

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Charlesfarsbar, 11 Aug 2017.

1. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

That's quite a lot of shit you've wrote there.

2. WallyA

WallyA

Indeed, I meant to write like 2 things then kept coming up with more lol. I think alot of these had been in my head for a while because Pep confounds me sometimes.

3. Father Paul

Father Paul

I don't want to be negative but there are a number of concerns to be addressed and just wishing them away won't get us anywhere. Yes the legend that is Kun will break the record this season but will he score enough crucial big goals? He is sat on the bench for Argentina for a reason you know. Jesus is still too young to spearhead a challenge on his own for the title and a lot of our midfielders do appear somewhat goal shy. Who will stand up to be the 20 goal plus Yaya of yesteryear? Look I hope we go on to have a great season like we all do but to pretend that a number of structural weaknesses are not present is somewhat delusional

4. Father Paul

Father Paul

You make some good points but not sure about Delph though will he stay fit for a start? We really do need to be trying Sane and Sterling out more in a central role and your suggestion of playing them in a two with Jesus or Kun might work. Dinho really concerns me. If you play him you are lacking vision and creativity/game building but if you leave him out you lose his energy and drive. How we use Bernardo and Gundogen if he gets back fit will be crucial to our chances this season.

5. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

@Andrew_K RE "
    - DM/pivot, Dinho is horrible in this role, and it's not his fault. A move for Weigl should be made next summer.
    - 1-2 CBs with playmaking abilities. A defender like Bonucci would drastically improve us just because he's a fantastic passer with a good vision. He doesn't even need to be better defensively than our current lot."
    Fernandinho is great at defense in midfield - but as I've watched him lately, he just doesn't have good passing ability in attack. At fullback, he's hopeless - he doesn't even anticipate opponent's threats as fullback - simply not moving to cut off passes or to follow runners.

What role do you think Fernandinho fills? I thought he'd make a great pivot - he certainly has the defensive nous for this - but his long pass/linking ability seems really lacking to me for this role.

6. pavelsrnicek

pavelsrnicek

We now know that we don't have enough as our first big game Kompany is injured so we have a choice of a back 4 with Stones and Otamendi or a back 3 with Stones, Otamendi and one of Mangala or Tosin.

7. Wrighty Wrexham

Wrighty Wrexham

Can see this thread rearing its head throughout the season. Last year it was obvious we needed new fullbacks and didn't get them till this. This year we needed centre half cover for Kompany Pep even on record saying this and we haven't got it!! We are doomed I say doomed!