What’s going on in this transfer window

Personally I can't see City making that many signings this window. I assumed Bridge would come and I did think Santa-Cruz would have already been in the bag by now but anyone else would have been a surprise. Think City need to try and consolidate their premiership status first and then wait for summer for anyone new. Can't see any player other than mentioned transferring to us for the sake of it at the moment. City need to prove above all else they'll be in the premiership come next season first. Its all right thinking its a given but older fans like myself will tell you its certainly not. The rest of the players need to get off their arses for once and win a few games before we see anymore quality arriving at the door. Otherwise we'll be battling it out with QPR for whose the richest in the championship.

Ducado said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Which is precisely why they would be even more reluctant to sell that late in the window.

They need the money?
they certainly do need money.Old Trafford sits on a mountain of debt.
Have a look at this
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sundayherald.com/sport/shfootball/display.var.2479033.0.football_in_denial_over_credit_madness.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sundayherald.com/sport/shfoo ... adness.php</a>

Plus, the players we are looking at are only interim players, they are just gonna fill the void between now and World Domination (abit excessive yeh but you get my drift),
So some players may think "Why should I go there to play well and get oiked out in 18 month time for a superstar"
Because lets face it, It will happen as we creep up the league and progress.

We are right to sit on our hands theres plenty to chose from out there that has already been mentioned so far, firstly all clubs need cash secondly they want to keep there best players, its all depends on how cash strapped they are and if they can afford to pay there huge wage bills.

n
Psychodelic said:
Personally I can't see City making that many signings this window. I assumed Bridge would come and I did think Santa-Cruz would have already been in the bag by now but anyone else would have been a surprise. Think City need to try and consolidate their premiership status first and then wait for summer for anyone new. Can't see any player other than mentioned transferring to us for the sake of it at the moment. City need to prove above all else they'll be in the premiership come next season first. Its all right thinking its a given but older fans like myself will tell you its certainly not. The rest of the players need to get off their arses for once and win a few games before we see anymore quality arriving at the door. Otherwise we'll be battling it out with QPR for whose the richest in the championship.

Psycho, Your argument seems a little bit chicken and egg to me. We may well need new players now to ' consolidate our premiership status'

Wahhhhhhh! Why haven't we signed Kaka yet? Wahhhhhhh! Where's David Villa? Wahhhhhhh! They promised BIG signings! Wahhhhhhh! It's been eleven days now! Wahhhhhhh! We've only bought a proven England International left back which was is a key position for us... Wa.... Oh!

Try this...

mute-button.jpg

how many times do you hear that its hard to get the players you want in the jan window!! weve spent 12 mill already,, get real pal,, we will do deals when it suits us,, wouldnt we have looked rather dumb paying the fee's that all these clubs demand.. We all know that we'll end up signing 2 or 3 players in one swoop,, thats how we tend to do business..

Psychodelic said:

Can't but agree with this.

You also have to ask the question, about what has happened to all the groundwork and planning that was meant to have been going on prior to the window?
Surely, we didn't engage in months of real negotiation just to embark on a last minute charade of pretending we have signed nobody until the window is about to close!

I think it's a valid point to say that players will be looking closely at our league postion and form and thinking, not yet. Wait and see.

Ducado said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Which is precisely why they would be even more reluctant to sell that late in the window.

They need the money?

By selling their better players with no time to replace them, then the chance of relegation (Blackburn & W. Ham) would be greatly increased.

They would lose far more money being relegated than by selling their players to us for a quick 10 - 15 million.

If they NEED to sell, then they'll do it well before the window shuts so they have time to get replacements.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.