What a Bluemoon refreshing change

Graceyboy

It is actually refreshing to read some very sensible threads this morning on Bluemoon.

Ive been getting bored with the regurgitated "Hughes Out" campaign on here I have shyed away from reading for a few weeks. I know everyone has their opinion, an evryone is welcome to their opinion, I respect that, but is good to read some views from the other side of the fence.

We all would prefer that we were in the top 6 at the moment and playing brazilian style attacking football, beating teams by 2 or 3 goals every week, but following City never allows that to happen. we have to sit and squirm on our emotional rollercoaster of a club.

Isnt it better to be playing poorly, but having oodles of dough in the bank in reserve, than being in this position and being destitute (Wardle & Pearce era) only knowing you can bring in loan deals and cast offs.

We just need to bide our time. Let the manager mould his own team, and see where we go from there.

Graceyboy said:
It is actually refreshing to read some very sensible threads this morning on Bluemoon.

Ive been getting bored with the regurgitated "Hughes Out" campaign on here I have shyed away from reading for a few weeks. I know everyone has their opinion, an evryone is welcome to their opinion, I respect that, but is good to read some views from the other side of the fence.

We all would prefer that we were in the top 6 at the moment and playing brazilian style attacking football, beating teams by 2 or 3 goals every week, but following City never allows that to happen. we have to sit and squirm on our emotional rollercoaster of a club.

Isnt it better to be playing poorly, but having oodles of dough in the bank in reserve, than being in this position and being destitute (Wardle & Pearce era) only knowing you can bring in loan deals and cast offs.

We just need to bide our time. Let the manager mould his own team, and see where we go from there.

Will you still have this 'opinion' when were playing Oldham next year???

Blue4ever85 said:
Graceyboy said:

do you mean in the cup?

Blue4ever85 said:
Graceyboy said:

oh the irony

Optomistic for Oldham aren't we?

I firmly believe we will not be relegated.

I agree we are playing shockingly at the moment. no one wants to hold the ball, Hart just likes pretending hes on a driving range and seeing how far he can kick the bloody thing. Dunne and Richards are like strangers. We have 7 players that like to push forward and only 3 that like to track back when we lose possession.
It isnt good at the moment, but we have to get the right people in to balance the team. The players I would stick with this year would be the players hughes has brought in plus superman. The rest I wouldnt cry if they we replaced.
We need some steel in the team, and that goes for the crucial spine first. we dont have it anywhere. We need some ball winners, and I mean good ones. We need to be more organised when we dont have the ball. Work harder when we dont have the ball. Concentrate more when we dont have the ball. That is where we have been making mistakes. You cant make a mistake when you have the ball, only when you don't.

Graceyboy said:

Totally agree WBA Wigan Bolton Sunderland Newcastle Boro Fulham all to play at home .Im not saying we wii win all those games but the majority no way we will be relegated.Have faith BLUES its going to take off big time

It hasn't been quite as hysterical and OTT as expected. But saying that, have avoided a lot of the obvious threads. Schools' out, and a lot of them are going to be all giddy awaiting the big day on Thurs, so will expect a few to have been venting on here.
To be honest, the recent posts regarding Oldham Blue, Stuart's op, and the poor lad in Germany have put the football into perspective for myself, and quite a few others on here I reckon.

Real life always puts things in perspective.

And yes there are some good threads on here although the definition of a good thread is invariably the one that contains views you happen to agree with.

What is interesting is how many have 'downgraded' expectations not just in terms of players but what we expect from the team. What Hughes has done intentionally or not is put us firmly in our place. Not only has he put us there but mentally we are getting used to it. Its all now all about getting comfortable with what is a familiar enviroment in which there is no room for high profile players especially if they are Brazilian. Instead of Kaka we now think Bullard - a player I actually like but its interesting to see the shift.

And yes we are lets face it an under achieving medium sized club with little to no profile in world football managed by a man with little to no profile in world football management. So perhaps its no surprise when higher profile players ie Brazilians (we will use them since they are apparently the root of our problems despite the fact none played yesterday) show little respect or that our most high profile player seemingly gets to choose if he plays or not.

It reminds me of Rooney at Everton who left to go to a big club with a big manager who could handle his abnormally large ego. Rooney was very dismissive of Moyes and Moyes was happy to get rid plus bank 30 mil and then took Everton to 4th place on a tight budget with a small diisciplined squad just to prove a point. All very Hughesy. Trouble is they didn't do that well in the CL itself and 4th with a cup run is the best of their ambitions and under Hughes fashioning the club with his players and his style that is precisely what we will have as well.

What really bugs me is that you can almost hear the relief coming from the top 4 and beyond. The PR value that the shock of the Robinho move created was immense as a new powerful club burst onto the world football stage. Fast forward 4 months and everyone that matters is ignoring us because whilst we are rich we will always remain small time with our current attitude and manager. We will be attractive to the odd mercenary superstar but serious players who want to make the mark and win things will go to the traditional big clubs.

I have no idea which way ADUG will jump in January. There is talk of big name players on hold and waiting for the summer with more Hughes type players in the frame but no one really knows.

As for relegation, I mean 18th at the half way point who would have thunk it eh? Personally I cannot see us relegated but I think the club, management and players better start thinking its possible and playing like its possible otherwise we may end up sleep walking into an even bigger mess.

So I guess we make a choice. Mine is to combat the small club mentality by employing a big club manager of proven quality. We saw the immediate effects last year and I enjoyed all the speculation as we gatecrashed the top 4 and became the 'big game' on Sky. Much more enjoyable than the relegation battle we fought yesterday. This is not a request to get Sven back. Sven just gave us a taste of what a quality manager can bring so lets go and get a manager even better.

Oh and for those who just want to harp on about Sven and his 8-1 well I'll see your 8-1 and raise you an 18th f**king spot in the PL at Christmas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.