What are some of your favourite last minute City goals?

Never been in a celebration before or since like that one at Blackpool after that incredible scramble, I started it near the top of that terrace and finished about halfway down, absolutely mental.

A couple of other late goals not mentioned as far as I can see :

Tony Towers popping up in the last minute of extra time to score the only goal of the tie against Academica Coimbra in the Cup Winners Cup QF.

Roger Palmer's stoppage time equaliser at the Stretford End in a 2-2 draw in 1980/81, not long before Big Mal was sacked.

Aside from the QPR & Gillingham games what are some of your other favourite last minute City goals?

The celebration for that Lake goal is brilliant. I think the fact that it's one of the worst goals I've ever seen makes it even better.

Great thread, brings back memories.

Have to go with the OP in terms of the best last minute celebration I've been in, one of those games when all seemed lost after a pig of a game and the best old fashioned goalmouth scramble you could wish for.

Another one I can't see mentioned was at Upton Park, early 90's, Steve Redmond scoring a last minute pen to win 2-1 having practically scored it whilst on his arse after slipping. Mental....then the quick sobering up after realising we had to make it back to the tube station afterwards!

DaMarcus Beasley v West Ham away under Pearce. Perhaps the 2006/07 season. We were poor but the Hammers were worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.