What are some of your favourite last minute City goals?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by ManCityX, 8 Jan 2017.

1. lancs blue

lancs blue

Never been in a celebration before or since like that one at Blackpool after that incredible scramble, I started it near the top of that terrace and finished about halfway down, absolutely mental.

A couple of other late goals not mentioned as far as I can see :

Tony Towers popping up in the last minute of extra time to score the only goal of the tie against Academica Coimbra in the Cup Winners Cup QF.

Roger Palmer's stoppage time equaliser at the Stretford End in a 2-2 draw in 1980/81, not long before Big Mal was sacked.

2. Ric

Ric

The celebration for that Lake goal is brilliant. I think the fact that it's one of the worst goals I've ever seen makes it even better.

3. beehive_bob

beehive_bob

Great thread, brings back memories.

Have to go with the OP in terms of the best last minute celebration I've been in, one of those games when all seemed lost after a pig of a game and the best old fashioned goalmouth scramble you could wish for.

Another one I can't see mentioned was at Upton Park, early 90's, Steve Redmond scoring a last minute pen to win 2-1 having practically scored it whilst on his arse after slipping. Mental....then the quick sobering up after realising we had to make it back to the tube station afterwards!

4. Len Rum

Len Rum

Gentleman
    Ruby Murray vs Liverpool last minute at Maine Road beginning of '66/67 season to seal a fabulous 2-1 victory for the newly promoted blues against the Champions.

5. peoffrey

peoffrey

DaMarcus Beasley v West Ham away under Pearce. Perhaps the 2006/07 season. We were poor but the Hammers were worse.