What book are you reading now / or recommend?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BlueTG, 3 Jan 2012.

1. SWP's back

SWP's back

Probably a wise idea. Give us a shout in here when you finish the book and tell me if it's worth a read.

2. Southern

Southern

Just read The Year of Living Danishly: Uncovering the Secrets of the World's Happiest Country

Good read and insight into Danish culture. Gives an idea of why Danes, e.g. M Laudrup are so laid back

3. SWP's back

SWP's back

@stony finished Forever War. Enjoyed it mate.

You seen the latest Bernard Cornwell Uhtred book came out in December. 10th instalment. He's trying to get Bamber Castle back.

4. stony

stony

Cheers mate, I'll put it on the list of books that @TCIB hasn't got for me.

5. SWP's back

SWP's back

I finished Forever War about 11:30 last night but still wasn't that sleepy. Ended up falling asleep about 3am after starting the new one (don't even know its name, I just bought it).

You ever thought about not being a pikey?

6. Eli Panic

Eli Panic

Programmer Analyst
    Just finished reading the latest Jack Reacher novel - Night School. Really enjoyed it, as I have all Lee Child's Reacher series.

7. bluebaja

bluebaja

Never knew much about William Shakespeare, neither, it turns out, did anyone else. I like Bill Bryson anyway but this is just brilliant. It is the sort of book you can just have hanging around and read a couple of pages while you are waiting for the kettle to boil. Really interesting read.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakespeare:_The_World_as_Stage

8. stony

stony

I love The Forever War, especially the way humanity evolves. I usually pay for new books or books from new authors. When I started changing my library over to digital I resented buying a book I'd already paid for, so I started to download them. Some publishers take the piss though. Cornwell books are more expensive in kindle format than they are in print. So I download them.

9. idahoblues

idahoblues

The mote in God's eye by Larry Niven is an old but classic sci fi, I've read it a couple of times

10. Blueles61

Blueles61

Just finished Saturday Night Peter (Peter Kay). Amusing. Not high brow, but wanted an easy read while on holiday.