What book are you reading now / or recommend?

I’m currently ‘reading’ (via Audiobook) Stephen King’s '‘Wolves of the Calla’ - Book 5 of his ‘Dark Tower’ series.

Bought that a year ago and not got round to it yet -it's an epic read!
Part way through Brix E Smith's book The Rise, The Fall and The Rise, which given this weeks news is quite apt.
Very apt. mate. Born to Run is very reminiscent of the Hendrix story, although Bruce had a much bigger family support unit. However, when you do get round to it I think you'll enjoy it. Happy reading.

I’m currently ‘reading’ (via Audiobook) Stephen King’s '‘Wolves of the Calla’ - Book 5 of his ‘Dark Tower’ series.

It got slated but I thought this was one of the better books.
The next 2 are utter shit and the final book is very rushed

I'm reaching the conclusion of Bleak House by Charles Dickens, a new audio rendition by Miriam Margolyes. It is one of my favourite books, and the narrator is superb, with realistic voices for each character bringing the book to life.

It is quite a melancholy book, and on a few occasions it has brought a tear to my eye. Dickens' descriptive powers are remarkable. Margolyes' vocal interpretation is faultless as she conveys genuine menace and threat from her villains, and sweetness and innocence from her heroine. Highly recommended.

Ken Follett Edge of Eternity, last in a trilogy after Fall of Giants and Winter of the World. Brilliant read but each book is about 1k pages long and involve the same families around the 1st, 2nd and Cold War, entertaining and historically educational (to a point).

Been reading a lot of John Ajvide Lindqvist's work, great Swedish horror writer. Wrote Let The Right One In.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.