What book are you reading now / or recommend?

All Points North by Simon Armitage - it's about being northern and makes me laugh but having just re read the chapter where he meets John Peel it made me sad as well. Really well written.

HorshamBlue said:
BlueTG said:
Anyone got any recommendations, looking for something new to read
Lots I could recommend, but what are your interests (fact, fiction, genre)?
Picked up a few books about the war recently so I'm interested in that at the moment, fact more so than fiction, crime, started reading a lot more in spare time at uni and found a good couple of book stores with a great range.

BlueTG said:
HorshamBlue said:
BlueTG said:
Anyone got any recommendations, looking for something new to read
Lots I could recommend, but what are your interests (fact, fiction, genre)?
Picked up a few books about the war recently so I'm interested in that at the moment, fact more so than fiction, crime, started reading a lot more in spare time at uni and found a good couple of book stores with a great range.

Birdsong is fictional, but really brings home the reality of war. Well worth a read.

Fantasy fiction comedy writer Robert Rankin.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sproutlore.com/books/rankinbooks.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sproutlore.com/books/rankinbooks.php</a>

The Bandini Quartet by John Fante. The second in particular had me howling with laughter.

On a side note, there was a Christmas gift stall at school where my lads had the chance to buy me and the missus a present. They bought me 'Life Expectancy' by Dean Koontz. I've never read a thing by him but as you can imagine, would like to read it to show my gratitude to the boys. What should I expect?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.