What do we actually want?

Lose a game and all the Johnny come lately's come out of the woodwork. I started supporting city as a kid I remember from about 1975 when I was 7 years old. Tuert, Barnes, Doyle, Watson and Royle were my heroes around that time under Tony Book. We were good as well.
Following on from about 1981 we were shit for 30 years so what?
I have loved it all.
I can't stand all the posters on here match day thread is the worst for it who slate the manager and players as soon as we have a bad result.
We are fourth int the league with plenty of games left, we won it from 8 points behind with a lot less games left remember.
We are in champions league, FA Cup and the league cup final. Fuck me its awful!
Get a grip you glory hunting wankers. ya ya is shit, really? We didn't do much after he went off in fact we got worse!
Silva is finished? Really?
Leicester were brilliant but we still created a lot and could have scored a few. It was a great game to watch I enjoyed it aside from the result. So pathetic lots of people left when they got the third goal I hate you all! The glory hunters go and follow Utd. To be fair to a mate of mine who's a Utd fan he stopped going at the peak of their success because he hated the moaning going on around him when he was in the ground. He hated the glory hunters and he went through all their barren years.
We are like that now people calling Pellegrini a old useless ****! How disrespectful to a guy that has won a cup and the league.
How I wish these Johnny come lateley's would dissapear. I love where my club is going I don't love who is on the same journey.
We sing we lost last week and we lost today for a reason! A large majority could do with enlightening.
Excellent post

The goal posts have changed, so your harking back to the 90's and the gallows humour then, as enjoyable as it was, is very different now. We are playing at the high stakes table not the shove halfpenny board. It really isn't about being spoilt. We expect what the club expects from it's investment. Different times, different expectations and pressures.

A bit of endeavour but also a lot of learning on our own behalf because a hell of a lot of us especially the older blues as myself have not yet got used to supporting a successful club

The goal posts have changed, so your harking back to the 90's and the gallows humour then, as enjoyable as it was, is very different now. We are playing at the high stakes table not the shove halfpenny board. It really isn't about being spoilt. We expect what the club expects from it's investment. Different times, different expectations and pressures.
Exactly mate. The state of some people who still accuse people of being 'glory hunters' because they are disappointed after a defeat. It's embarrassing.

Look at the amount of money we have spent assembling this squad, and the players we have. We are perfectly entitled to be disappointed when we underperform as much as we have been, and when we turn up to key games in that manner. The way Leicester played, with desire, hunger, passion and teamwork should embarrass our group of players, who are pretty much to a man better. Or the majority, anyway. That is why people are pissed off after a win, and to claim it is being a glory hunter is just pathetic, grow up.

My first ever City game was the 2-2 against Liverpool when we went down, so it's not like I haven't seen the bad times. We are, in effect, a different team now, though. Completely different ambitions. I doubt our owners will being saying after Saturday 'no bother, we used to be shit'.

I want the players on the pitch to put in 100% every game

Why is it a persistent and comparative argument about the levels of shitness of City teams? Unless there are 8 year olds posting, we've all experienced some incredibly shit players, games, managers etc and are incredibly spoilt by the current squad, standard of player and relative success. Yet it's the high standard of the players playing for us that makes it all the more irritating and frustrating when they play badly, without any clear system and are beaten by the same tactics.

I wouldn't mind nearly as much when we lost if the players were shite, or conversely if they were great, fought hard and were beaten by a better team. We have a brilliantly skilful squad of players who have shown, in glimpses, the fight and depths of reserve that teams like Leicester have shown consistently, and that consistency is what I want from this team.

The first team are too comfortable in there place in the team, play the youth to send a message.
I'd rather see the youth fail with a good effort than watch the first team lose cos they can't be arsed.
That's correct. What we'd need is a bold, courageous manager for that to happen. We don't have that. A good one, with a good track record, perhaps the best we could get in the interim but palpably going through the motions, I've said it before, thank goodness Txixi has persuaded Guardiola to come for a promising new adventure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.