What does this mean?

Pam

Executive Chairman outlines changing times for City
16/12/2008 06:01

Manchester City Executive Chairman, Garry Cook, has again outlined the vision for the Club under Chairman and owner Sheikh Mansour along with Manager Mark Hughes.

Despite the immediate pressure of producing results in the game's current climate, Cook remains fully aware and calm about City life of late, as do the Club’s board.

“Well I, like everybody, was heartbroken after the Everton game and Mark nearly broke his foot! The Board get concerned about everybody’s demeanour in order to make sure that we stay on track and keep moving forward,” Garry told us.

“They’ve been around business a very long time and make big, big business decision. There are twists and turns in the business world and twists and turns in football.

“Fans see those twists and turns but what we don’t want to do is change our direction and change what we’re trying to get done over the long term based on a couple of results.”

And of the fans, Garry added: “They have every right to show their feelings, they pay good money and they don’t deserve what they’re getting.

“If they don’t get what they want then they have a right to make their feelings known. At the same time the fans also have to know that this Club is going through radical change. We didn’t flick a switch and think everything was going to be fine.

“We’ve got infrastructure investments going on, we’re changing people, and there’s change all over the Club. More importantly the culture of the Club we are trying to deep root the future and the building of the future doesn’t happen overnight.

“A few results from the last few games have not gone in our favour and what you don’t want to do in situations like that is panic.

“We’re looking forward to a better second half of the year and he’s working hard to correct some of the challenges that we’ve got.”

“Mark’s got some challenges in some of the playing areas, he doesn’t have a very deep squad and he talks about that.”

As talk turned to the Manager and his future at the Club, Cook quickly played down any suggestions about Mark Hughes leaving the Club in the near future.

He declared: “We don’t even get to think in that way and nor should we. It was clearly stated by Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon Al Mubarak that the team they have in place they are comfortable with. We move ahead with that in mind.

“We again don’t presume that anything’s going to go wrong. We’ll deal with what results happen over the next four, five months as we get into the second half of the season. Mark is an experienced guy and an experienced manager. He knows what success looks like and that he has a role to play in delivering that success.”

Leon Collins
All Latest News
Related News
ArrowLive4City skills announced
ArrowLatest official City ticket news
MCFC TV
ADVERTISEMENT
Click here!
sponsors Thomas Cook - opens in a new window le coq sportif Singha - opens in a new window Digibet - opens in a new window John Smiths - opens in a new window John Smiths - opens in a new window Key 103 - opens in a new window
Copyright Manchester City FC 2008 | Terms and conditions | Accessibility information
Designed and hosted by IMG Media
skip horizontal devices

Just found this -

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/demeanour

de⋅mean⋅or   /dɪˈminər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [di-mee-ner] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun

1. conduct; behavior; deportment.
2. facial appearance; mien.

Also, especially British, deâ‹…meanâ‹…our.

Presume he means conduct/behaviour maybe?

Manchester City Executive Chairman, Garry Cook, has again outlined the vision for the Club under Chairman and owner Sheikh Mansour along with Manager Mark Hughes.
Despite the immediate pressure of producing results in the game's current climate, Cook remains fully aware and calm about City life of late, as do the Club’s board.

“Well I, like everybody, was heartbroken after the Everton game and Mark nearly broke his foot! The Board get concerned about everybody’s demeanour in order to make sure that we stay on track and keep moving forward,” Garry told us.

“They’ve been around business a very long time and make big, big business decision. There are twists and turns in the business world and twists and turns in football.

“Fans see those twists and turns but what we don’t want to do is change our direction and change what we’re trying to get done over the long term based on a couple of results.”

And of the fans, Garry added: “They have every right to show their feelings, they pay good money and they don’t deserve what they’re getting.

“If they don’t get what they want then they have a right to make their feelings known. At the same time the fans also have to know that this Club is going through radical change. We didn’t flick a switch and think everything was going to be fine.

“We’ve got infrastructure investments going on, we’re changing people, and there’s change all over the Club. More importantly the culture of the Club we are trying to deep root the future and the building of the future doesn’t happen overnight.

“A few results from the last few games have not gone in our favour and what you don’t want to do in situations like that is panic.

“We’re looking forward to a better second half of the year and he’s working hard to correct some of the challenges that we’ve got.”

“Mark’s got some challenges in some of the playing areas, he doesn’t have a very deep squad and he talks about that.”

As talk turned to the Manager and his future at the Club, Cook quickly played down any suggestions about Mark Hughes leaving the Club in the near future.

He declared: “We don’t even get to think in that way and nor should we. It was clearly stated by Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon Al Mubarak that the team they have in place they are comfortable with. We move ahead with that in mind.

“We again don’t presume that anything’s going to go wrong. We’ll deal with what results happen over the next four, five months as we get into the second half of the season. Mark is an experienced guy and an experienced manager. He knows what success looks like and that he has a role to play in delivering that success.”

For the lazy bastards.

Can't tell if you're spoofing or not, alan. But anyway, does anyone know what Cook is referring to?

Just guessing, Pam, but I suppose he could be making a subtle reference to the trouble at the Everton game? Then again, I've been wrong before (just never on this board!!).

as the whistle went at the end of the everton game the camera panned to MH on the side line....but only showing his top half....he kicked out quite violently at something....i presumed it was a ball or some drinks containers.....but i dont know as the camera only showed his top half.....

i presume this is what gary cook is refering to

Hughes kicked something immediately after Everton scored. I didn't see what it was.

Apart from that it means that Cook sees the club as a business and seems to believe that sound business practice will bring us success in the longer term.

Personally I think his projections, strategic plans and vision statements are worth absolutely fuck all. They are a distraction at best. Cook should shelve the corporate branding bollox & realise that what happens on the pitch is what matters. If the club can't deliver there, then his grand vision of the future is actually just a pisshole in the snow, however well he presents it.

Pam said:
Can't tell if you're spoofing or not, alan. But anyway, does anyone know what Cook is referring to?

I wasn't messing or anything, I didn't know what the word meant either so looked it up.

Prestwich_Blue said:
mammutly said:
Hughes kicked something immediately after Everton scored. I didn't see what it was.
Hopefully it was Dunne's arse for giving away an unnecessary corner in the first place.

I've heard this unneccesary corner reference a few times and I just don't get it.

He was faced with a choice of heading it or letting it drop, personally I would have him head it 99 times out of 100. He headed it out for a corner, I can't imagine it was a conscious decision to do that. Maybe he's lost a yard, and couldnt get back quick enough to head it forward, but thats a different debate.

And I'd be looking at the person that allowed Cahill a free header anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.