What has happened to Bluemoonrising tv?

I think the real issue here is that unlike many of the other clubs mentioned, City's own video content is given away for free on its own YouTube channel. The video content isn't behind a pay wall or through a dedicated TV channel.

The only point where stuff doesn't make it to YouTube is because of clearance rights, and then it just resides on our lacklustre website.

Bluemoon Rising was offering reasonably interesting content, made with reasonable production values, but it lacked access to really interesting stuff that the official channel could offer (training, player/ staff interviews etc,). City's own YouTube channel, and the views it gets, prove there's an audience out there. Perhaps that audience isn't big enough to sustain two providers though, especially when one is it at a real disadvantage?

As for pillaging content ideas, well, I can see the point being made. However vlogging etc. isn't original, even for football content, and the club are just adding it as an additional string to their bow. @twosips has an engaging style, but almost by being a visible front for his own brand, has perhaps made himself a difficult fit for CityTV to take on, and I can see why they've gone down a different route.

What a shame, really liked watching @twosips vidoes. Being an old fart it was my window into this social media lark. Hope Stephen that you look at something else, think you have a talent

arsenal fan tv Amd Red Devil tv only work because they put their most fervent nut case fans in front of the camera who, on cue,spout a load of comical shite. THat comedy is what sends their videos viral and gets them million + subscribers. BM tv never saw that and the people they had on were as dull as dishwater. Who really wants to listen to the ethihad equivalent ofJohn mAjor dissect one of our games? Not me and not many others.

You and Sal could quite easily have gone on, thats the nutcase quota

arsenal fan tv Amd Red Devil tv only work because they put their most fervent nut case fans in front of the camera who, on cue,spout a load of comical shite. THat comedy is what sends their videos viral and gets them million + subscribers. BM tv never saw that and the people they had on were as dull as dishwater. Who really wants to listen to the ethihad equivalent ofJohn mAjor dissect one of our games? Not me and not many others.

Bluemoon Rising was offering reasonably interesting content, made with reasonable production values, but it lacked access to really interesting stuff that the official channel could offer (training, player/ staff interviews etc,). City's own YouTube channel, and the views it gets, prove there's an audience out there. Perhaps that audience isn't big enough to sustain two providers though, especially when one is it at a real disadvantage?.

Don't really agree fully with that man. The views City get for a channel with 1m subscribers is poor really. They are literally about 75,000 times bigger than my channel in terms of sub base and they get about (on average) 80k views a video, with some as low as 20k. An average video for me gets 15k, a 'meh' one gets 10k and a v good one gets nearer to 30k or above. That is only 4/5 times bigger views....despite their 75000 times bigger size, despite them literally having goal highlights, player access and a huge team working full time with pitchside access, tours, incredible equipment and so on etc. The views aren't huge at all. In fact they're pretty small when you compare them to the views of others with 1m subs. Take the True Geordie for example. Less than half the subs, and about 250k views per video. He absolutely mullers them. Reason why is cos he's an engaging personality and people go back to watch him. It feels however that they've hoovered up many casual fans but the numbers of hardcore fans that will watch every video is tiny. It's just proportionately bigger for other clubs.

It's one of the reasons why City, in my opinion, and in the opinion of many, many others, need to find individuals that engage audiences and have people coming back. I like the City TV team, and i dont envy the size of the task they have at hand, but BMRTV were recognised faces and popular amongst some City fans, to an extent, and maybe that would have been a good starting point. Local Manc blokes who can talk passionately about the club they love. I can't help but feel it's too *safe*. They really should be pushing things out a bit. Arsenal's official youtube has a regular feature using popular fans, including the comical AFTV, and they go for it. Fair fucks. Given how 'edgy' City try and be on Twitter, I don't get playing it so safe on Youtube. It doesn't need to be that safe IMO. Just a thought anyway.

Re the vlog thing - im not arsed about them doing vlogs. One thing I was bothered about, well I say bothered - more noted, as many people who watch my videos regularly pointed out, was that this one in particular was just an exact copy. I watch loads of vlogs/youtube videos and there are many, many different styles and ways to approach them. That one was like a carbon copy of mine. Tone, flow, shot choices, length of shots. It was mad. They even stole the title of my most popular vlog from last year. There are many ways to differentiate them, and I even had people saying when I launched my vlogs that they felt different to other ones online by other people - more polished and a little more considered shot wise. I used artier grading, slow mo shots and some nice HD cinematography moments. A bit of craft to it all basically. Most don't, and that was a conscious effort of mine to try and be unique, and people noticed it and appreciated it. The only football vlog I've ever seen that does that in the same way since then was City's...mad coincidence haha. I know too that City watch my videos and pay attention to them, same as they did with BMRTV. That one the other day was a very noticeable copy IMO, hence people raising it - worth mentioning too that I didn't raise it. Others who watched my videos did... Ah well.

Last edited:

Ha yeah, fan cams were the part of BMRTV i disliked the most if im being honest. We didn't really want to encourage that kinda behaviour, but even if we did, it wasn't there to be encouraged. Our fans, with all due respect, are a bunch of dour old Manc blokes. We're not the most charismatic at these things haha :)

United and Arsenal's fans though...bunch of attention seeking needy men pretending to be kids. Different mentality entirely. Spoiled on success and have an entitled attitude, hence their more 'entertaining' fan cams. Schadenfreude at its finest.

Ha yeah, fan cams were the part of BMRTV i disliked the most if im being honest. We didn't really want to encourage that kinda behaviour, but even if we did, it wasn't there to be encouraged. Our fans, with all due respect, are a bunch of dour old Manc blokes. We're not the most charismatic at these things haha :)

United and Arsenal's fans though...bunch of attention seeking needy men pretending to be kids. Different mentality entirely. Spoiled on success and have an entitled attitude, hence their more 'entertaining' fan cams. Schadenfreude at its finest.

I follow your channel mate and it's a lot more engaging and 'normal' than those guys. Keep it up pal!

One question I've wondered about these fan channels is at what point do you stop using the 'unofficial' tag to get around........embarrassing the fans to be frank?

AFTV are the example everyone knows and you get dickheads leeching off that channel to make a name for themselves. However as far as I know that Robbie fella who seems a nice bloke tbf, started it way before fan channels became a thing. Same with the Liverpool lot. Do they get more leeway because they're not corporate? If they were would one of your bosses at Shotglass have told them to put a stop to the ranting and infamous viral videos?

As for the utd channel, there's a distinct lack of locals on there although that fat knob needs to be taken down a peg or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.