What has happened to Chelsea?

Blue Haze said:
New players. Luiz gave them extra depth where before they were lacking.

Tired bodies become fresh bodies with extra depth.

I disagree, one player doesn't suddenly give you depth if you didn't have any (And we can't really count Torres because he's been like fielding 10 men at points since he arrived). Fact was they were underperforming immensely for reasons we'll likely find out when someone gets a book deal, it's been sorted now, and they're back to the team we thought they would be this season. Makes you wonder if they didn't have the hiccup just how much they would have pissed the league this year.

If they strengthen more in the summer United will have a real problem next year if they don't do the same. We all knew they were better than the team languishing in 4th.

Be funny if Torres now went on a scoring run and won them the league, after all the stick he's had.

Just reversion to the mean I think. They were underperforming, now they're not. No doubt there are some catalysts for it, but these things happen in football. Same's true of Liverpool (though they're now overperforming, I'd say).

adrianr said:
Blue Haze said:
New players. Luiz gave them extra depth where before they were lacking.

Tired bodies become fresh bodies with extra depth.

I disagree, one player doesn't suddenly give you depth if you didn't have any (And we can't really count Torres because he's been like fielding 10 men at points since he arrived). Fact was they were underperforming immensely for reasons we'll likely find out when someone gets a book deal, it's been sorted now, and they're back to the team we thought they would be this season. Makes you wonder if they didn't have the hiccup just how much they would have pissed the league this year.

If they strengthen more in the summer United will have a real problem next year if they don't do the same. We all knew they were better than the team languishing in 4th.

I agree, something happened around the time Wilkins was dismissed and it upset the apple-cart. They're back on track now and i think second is theirs.

leipzigblue said:
They can still win the title. Man, would I piss myself if they did!
Would love to see it, but unless I'm very mistaken it would require Arsenal to beat the rags. I'm having a hard time seeing that at the moment despite how much I would love it to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.