WHAT IF, Hughes is our best chance of Glory.

Cheltblue

First, i have to say that i have had my feet firmly in the Hughes Out camp for a few weeks now and even more-so since seeing the shite we were subjected to against Everton.

Its fair to say that regardless of what happens between now and then, Mark Hughes will be given his big shot chance at spending the Arab millions on building what he considers to be his winning format.

So i believe its now time for all of us on here to take a step back from arguing and havin some very nasty pops at each other and get behind our beloved club as one huge supportive voice, even if its only till the end of January.

WHY???

Because WHAT IF Hughes actually does have a few golden nugget signings up his sleeve that turn out to be the first shots in making City the club that we all feel we were indirectly promised when the Arabs decided to make City their mission.
WHAT IF he really can pick a player that fits perfectly into the grand master-plan? He has a fair record of finding good players and getting the best out of them and this has been where his interpreted success has come from rather than actually winning anuthing, but with the few extra quid he now has, he MAY JUST have the right players for the right job.

We wont know untill at least the end of January but to ensure we give it the best chance of being succesful, should we not now, for the next 6 weeks at least, give the players that pull on the City shirt, the support of the one HUGE City voice that we know can act as an extra player when we all sing from the same song sheet.

Hull would be a great opportunity to let the players know that we are behind them and give them the lift that they are cryin out for, and that they havent had (for whatever reason) in the last 10 or so games.

At least give it a try, cus WHAT IF, being so close to the transfer window, we are throwing away our best chance of Glory.

Yes that is true, but surely fear of failure(due to the what if)is as the same as failure in the first place. This "man" has lost the plot, and day by day it gets worse. IF all that he says is true you don't keep leaking stories to the media you handle it in house, and as you point out the transfer window is now just days away, and you move the issues on. In fact, more than that he is proving how totally incompetent he is, as all that he is doing is devaluing the players that he might be looking to unload. It brings me back to the car analogy, when you go to the mega store to trade your can in you don't tell them its crap before they offer you the trade in value, each day Hughes proves that he has no business in control of this football club and unless his master plan is to look a complete dick then I don't believe he has any other master plans that are worthy of him keeping his job for.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Yes that is true, but surely fear of failure(due to the what if)is as the same as failure in the first place. This "man" has lost the plot, and day by day it gets worse. IF all that he says is true you don't keep leaking stories to the media you handle it in house, and as you point out the transfer window is now just days away, and you move the issues on. In fact, more than that he is proving how totally incompetent he is, as all that he is doing is devaluing the players that he might be looking to unload. It brings me back to the car analogy, when you go to the mega store to trade your can in you don't tell them its crap before they offer you the trade in value, each day Hughes proves that he has no business in control of this football club and unless his master plan is to look a complete dick then I don't believe he has any other master plans that are worthy of him keeping his job for.

I am with you all the way DLBIA.

I just think that as he is looking more and more likely to be here for January, then maybe we need to at least give it the best chance possible. Im not a Hughes hater cus he was a rag, i just think he's done sh*te. But if there is any hope of City being as succesful as we all want, then as he is our only option till at least end of Jan, we should give the players our 100% backing for that period.

Cheltblue said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:

I am with you all the way DLBIA.

I just think that as he is looking more and more likely to be here for January, then maybe we need to at least give it the best chance possible. Im not a Hughes hater cus he was a rag, i just think he's done sh*te. But if there is any hope of City being as succesful as we all want, then as he is our only option till at least end of Jan, we should give the players our 100% backing for that period.

An interesting choice of words at the end
we should give the players our 100% backing for that period
that's my biggest problem, I agree and will do so(other than if we sign Bellamy I will never support him for a second), but my issue is that its clear that Hughes is not supporting the players 100%. Alan Ball, whom I always use as a benchmark for crap managers, had reportedly the same kind of issues with a certain "import" that Hughes is talking to the press about daily, and yet I never recall Ball once complaining openly. BTW I still think as a manager Hughes is better on his worse day that Ball on his best, but as a leader of men I'm not sure there is much in it.

With the resources we have, any half decent manager should be able to achieve success in the short/medium term.

So having inherited a top 10 side and having added £70 mil + of talent (okay not all his personal choices) but most of them were, he's doing a fine job isn't he??

Don't get me wrong, I hate the dirty scum bastard, but where is sacking him going to get us. If we get rid of him now then it could take us a week or 2 or maybe longer to appoint the right man for the job. This will mean we will be wasting valuable time which should be spent negotiating deals to bring in some decent players. He needs at least a season to prove what he can do.

Cheltblue said:
First, i have to say that i have had my feet firmly in the Hughes Out camp for a few weeks now and even more-so since seeing the shite we were subjected to against Everton.

Its fair to say that regardless of what happens between now and then, Mark Hughes will be given his big shot chance at spending the Arab millions on building what he considers to be his winning format.

So i believe its now time for all of us on here to take a step back from arguing and havin some very nasty pops at each other and get behind our beloved club as one huge supportive voice, even if its only till the end of January.

WHY???

Because WHAT IF Hughes actually does have a few golden nugget signings up his sleeve that turn out to be the first shots in making City the club that we all feel we were indirectly promised when the Arabs decided to make City their mission.
WHAT IF he really can pick a player that fits perfectly into the grand master-plan? He has a fair record of finding good players and getting the best out of them and this has been where his interpreted success has come from rather than actually winning anuthing, but with the few extra quid he now has, he MAY JUST have the right players for the right job.

We wont know untill at least the end of January but to ensure we give it the best chance of being succesful, should we not now, for the next 6 weeks at least, give the players that pull on the City shirt, the support of the one HUGE City voice that we know can act as an extra player when we all sing from the same song sheet.

Hull would be a great opportunity to let the players know that we are behind them and give them the lift that they are cryin out for, and that they havent had (for whatever reason) in the last 10 or so games.

At least give it a try, cus WHAT IF, being so close to the transfer window, we are throwing away our best chance of Glory.

And if you keep burying your head up your arse sometimes you can see your shoes!!

what if, he's been put in a bad position, he's right about the culture at the club and the attitude of the players, what if he wants to put us on a strong footing for the future

but

he's cocked it up and has made things worse, and will use this transfer window to buy players who are already loyal to him and will help us back to mid-table mediocrity but be of little use going forward, just to keep himself in a job as long as possible

salfordblues said:
Don't get me wrong, I hate the dirty scum bastard, but where is sacking him going to get us. If we get rid of him now then it could take us a week or 2 or maybe longer to appoint the right man for the job. This will mean we will be wasting valuable time which should be spent negotiating deals to bring in some decent players. He needs at least a season to prove what he can do.

If he's not the right person for the job, there is nothing to be gained by keeping him in it.

So even if we were to lose a transfer window it will still be better for us in the long term (presuming that Hughes isn't the right man for the job).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.