What if we struggle next season?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by goatersnipple, 6 Apr 2017.

1. @BluePhil8

@BluePhil8

If we didn't sack Pellegrini why on earth would we sack Pep?

I think people forget just how directionless we were last season.

I don't give a fuck what we win or don't win as long as I can see a clear vision and identity on the pitch and that is what is developing. He is instilling some passion again but it's going to require patience.

2. billfromthehill

billfromthehill

Not now Granville

3. hutton who blue

hutton who blue

This season isn't over yet so league positions are supposition and not worth stating, my point remains City won the league cup last season and finished top 4, so why be so categorical Spurs are better than City when they clearly aren't.

4. flobo

flobo

If Pep doesn't deliver we could be in a weaker position as a club ...that will make it more difficult to find a quality manager or players...If Pep does deliver we will be in a strong position as a club to replace him with a high quality manager....City need to make the next 2 or 3 years count...our financial clout now depends on Sponsors/CL qualification/League position that's tied in with how the Pep project ends up.

5. Bill

Bill

old fuddy duddy who can't work this shit yet.
    there is no way we will struggle next season. only the officials can stop us. although we've been off it this year if you count the decisions and red cards we've faced we've done ok overall.
    next year we will make the bent refs academic.

6. franksinatra

franksinatra

Only you have said Spurs are a better side than City. I have said they have outperformed us the last two seasons based on finishing above us last year and being 7 points above us this year. So far they have.

Anyway the main thrust of my point was we overspend on players which leads to people believing the side is better than it is which leads to a unrealistic level of expectation. Case in point being John Stones who's transfer fee (second highest in history for a defender) is not matched by his onfield performances (not his fault).

Last edited: 15 Apr 2017
  7. rnblade

rnblade

Defender of Her Majesty's Realm
    All the haters saying 'Fraudiola', let's see what he does in the summer and next season. He's inherited an ageing squad, fingers crossed we buy well in the summer and destroy those haters next season. Cnuts!

8. hutton who blue

hutton who blue

I didn't say Spurs are a better side than City because I don't believe they are, you stated they have outperformed City the last 2 seasons so I naturally inferred you thought they were better than City. I don't think they have outperformed City by finishing 3rd when City finished 4th bearing in mind we won the league cup. John Stones has made some costly errors early into his fledgling City career but he is improving and given time and patience will prove his worth.

9. Bill

Bill

old fuddy duddy who can't work this shit yet.
    And the points given to them at both matches in both seasons by referees. Clattenburg gave them 6 on his own.

10. blueju

blueju

Spurs are a good team with different qualities, that's why the league is so interesting