What if we struggle next season?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by goatersnipple, 6 Apr 2017.

1. mayo31

mayo31

The Southampton we battered. All our wide players had a field day

2. franksinatra

franksinatra

Yes classic response but slightly incorrect, as was the wording of my statement, and as it's irrelevant to the wider discussion at that time, regarding expectation it was not worth responding too or getting into a debate about.

The main thrust of the discussion was about expectation and I was highlighting, in some fans eyes, they expect us to be top because of the amount we spend each summer. I was merely highlighting we sometimes over pay for players in relation to their previous performances which raises those expectations. Case in point being John Stones and the 47.5 million we spent for a player, due to age, who was rested/dropped for a period between January and March and was not guaranteed first or second choice centre half for all of last season.

Not a slight on him at all but more a discussion why expectation is so high.

Last edited: 17 Apr 2017
  3. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

Lol. That's what you call a response.

4. GortonBlue62

GortonBlue62

In the long term I don't think we will be weaker as a club if Pep fails to deliver. It will just mean the end of (a long) first phase of our project under the Sheik. They identified the Barcelona way as the path to follow and they have stuck to their guns. I give them a lot of credit for that but if it doesn't deliver Champions League success and domestic domination they will rethink. Best case scenario is for Pep to deliver and extend his stay with us. If he fails we will have no trouble attracting a top coach and top players. We're here to stay and long term success is inevitable with or without Pep.

5. Man_City_Loyal

Man_City_Loyal

Professional Moaner
    full season with Gabriel Jesus fit, few additions to the defence, be fine.

6. flobo

flobo

It depends how badly Pep fails...outside top 4 for more than 1 season will make it tough to keep our best players...I don't think he will fail

7. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

But he's right. Someone came out and said Stones struggled to get in Everton's side.
    Obviously he didn't.

8. mainemanc1066

mainemanc1066

Watching the Real v Bayern game and it's safe to say we're a way off that level as we are. Too pedestrian and not ruthless enough. A great example of football tonight and an eye opener that we've still got a lot to do!

9. lasereyes

lasereyes

Not true -he had signed an extension and was fired after the first year.