What Needs to Happen?

Tim of the Oak

Our allocation for Wembley is about to sell out but a lot of points have been raised about the running of the Club during the extended sales period.

Here are my suggestions for improvements, informed by BM posters:
1. The introduction of a cut price season card and £20 match day tickets for 17 to 21 year olds.
2. The Cityzens card reduced to £10 and a campaign to expand membership.
3. The resumption of a real fans engagement forum like Points of Blue with City decision makers.
4. A meeting with / dinner for the fans having to move because of the Tunnel Club, with City legends in attendance. This is once satisfactory alternative seats in the ground have been provided, as a priority.
5. The Club and OSC giving BM dispensation from the standard rules to be a Supporters Club. It wouldn't involve any of the ticket allocation hassle / perks but would reinforce the position of fans attending the engagement meeting with Club leaders.
6. The ticket exchange would give fans (who could afford it) the option to dontate spares to young people and the unemployed if they wanted to.

Just a few thoughts based on discussions across a range of threads. Of course fans would continue to really get behind the team in return and take the piss out if the rags at every opportunity.

Last edited:
We need a City Supporter/Club Charter, where the club sign an agreement to uphold certain principles/conduct regarding issues that are important to real, match-going City supporters.

The OSC is essentially defunct, an easy to bribe with tickets, splintered function that sits there and has a nice evening whilst Ferran talks about his global ambitions and yet never holds the club to account. Nice little gravy train which the club manipulates to its own tune. Time for a change.

The membership fee needs scrapping, it's a joke isn't it? It's like being charged £35 to enter Asda to shop. What would you do, I'd go elsewhere clearly. I accept the need to monitor attendees and ensure only home fans use home ends but their are other ways. For Cat A games you need previous purchase history along with entrance to the stadium.

I'm a member of the OSC but never had a ticket off them. It's just a way of watching some games with blues and the occasional City related social event. The OSC is not really the platform to be in dialogue with City, as most members I know think likewise, but it is wrong that City don't engage. Like many others I stopped subscribing to City Voice when the motives of the surveys became clear. It wasn't that hard to read through them. I'm not sure why the club are afraid of this. You don't need hundreds of people, just a four or five reasonable and eloquent representatives with a mandate from fans via social media and a pre-detrminded agenda to be submitted prior to any meetings.

Affordable kids season tickets in all four stands. Not all parents want to relocate to the family stand
As stated above a supporters club run for the supporters not just as an advanced ticket office
Hugh Ferris to be sacked
No Facebook, Twitter, app postings from the club during home games. All eyes should be on the pitch
Return of fans forums with the manager and star players

True blue membership (Chelsea) £100, Claret membership (W Ham) £35 plus booking fees for all tickets, Liverpool £35.99 for adults down to £19.99 for 0-3 year olds, Rags £32 adults, £27 over 65 and 16-17. Red membership at Arsenal is £39 (extra £4, if you want to join season ticket waiting list), Spurs £42. Some of these schemes offer money off tickets and other less tangible benefits, but it just goes to show that ALL clubs behave the same way. I'm all for reducing S/T prices in general and for younger fans/students in particular, but the membership scheme isn't necessarily the place to start.

I think the club needs to communicate better. To me it seems as if we're communicated to, but not really communicated with.

I'd have a few people at the club devoted to supporter relations. Any problems, these people are your first point of contact. But they're also the ones going out meeting supporters, talking to them and feeding that communication back to the decision makers at the club.

I'm sure we have plenty of supporter liaison types already at the club so maybe just redefine a few jobs to make them a lot more proactive.

I don't think city voice works, cityzens doesnt go far enough by a long way.

I don't think it would take much to start attracting some of those lapsed blues back to the club. And would ease some of the negativity about the club that seems to be growing.

TBH it seems to be a problem at all the CFG clubs, but I don't think it would take a lot to improve things.

Our allocation for Wembley is about to sell out but a lot of points have been raised about the running of the Club during the extended sales period.

Here are my suggestions for improvements, informed by BM posters:
1. The introduction of a cut price season card and £20 match day tickets for 17 to 21 year olds.
2. The Cityzens card reduced to £10 and a campaign to expand membership.
3. The resumption of a real fans engagement forum like Points of Blue with City decision makers.
4. A meeting with / dinner for the fans having to move because of the Tunnel Club, with City legends in attendance. This is once satisfactory alternative seats in the ground have been provided, as a priority.
5. The Club and OSC giving BM dispensation from the standard rules to be a Supporters Club. It wouldn't involve any of the ticket allocation hassle / perks but would reinforce the position of fans attending the engagement meeting with Club leaders.
6. The ticket exchange would give fans (who could afford it) the option to dontate spares to young people and the unemployed if they wanted to.

Just a few thoughts based on discussions across a range of threads. Of course fans would continue to really get behind the team in return and take the piss out if the rags at every opportunity.
Tim i agree with some of your sentements .the bottom line though is fuck all is going to change till the head sheds at the club realise we are football supporters not customers .there is no engament with the fans at any level any more .the club dont seemed to be arsed there are hundreds of empty seats at home games and fans start disapering with 15 min to go they dont seem intetested the Family stand can be up to a 2 thirds full especialy night games .they are not intetested that loyal fans get abused thrown out and banned from games by show sec just for supporting City .it is of little concern to them that fans have to quee for a ridiculous amount of time just to get in the ground .and i wont even start on about the congestion leaving leaving till a football fan with passion and understanding is employed to sort this shit out i am afraid Tim we will be having the same conversation for years to come

I think the club needs to communicate better. To me it seems as if we're communicated to, but not really communicated with.

I'd have a few people at the club devoted to supporter relations. Any problems, these people are your first point of contact. But they're also the ones going out meeting supporters, talking to them and feeding that communication back to the decision makers at the club.

I'm sure we have plenty of supporter liaison types already at the club so maybe just redefine a few jobs to make them a lot more proactive.

I don't think city voice works, cityzens doesnt go far enough by a long way.

I don't think it would take much to start attracting some of those lapsed blues back to the club. And would ease some of the negativity about the club that seems to be growing.

TBH it seems to be a problem at all the CFG clubs, but I don't think it would take a lot to improve things.
Scrapping the £30 membership card and charging £20 a game and £5 for kids in some areas would be a step in the right direction to start getting lapsed Blues back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.