What Needs to Happen?

We used to have the Points of Blue meetings where there was at least interaction between the club and supporters but that seems to be out of their purview these days. I had another survey from this City Voice shower yesterday and was asked how I thought they could interact with fans ......... or words to that effect and I said go back to those sort of meetings. Bet no one listens mind.

Thanks Sheila. I think everyone has lost confidence in the surveys. Good old fashioned face to face engagement is required.

The membership fee needs scrapping, it's a joke isn't it? It's like being charged £35 to enter Asda to shop. What would you do, I'd go elsewhere clearly. I accept the need to monitor attendees and ensure only home fans use home ends but their are other ways. For Cat A games you need previous purchase history along with entrance to the stadium.

I'm a member of the OSC but never had a ticket off them. It's just a way of watching some games with blues and the occasional City related social event. The OSC is not really the platform to be in dialogue with City, as most members I know think likewise, but it is wrong that City don't engage. Like many others I stopped subscribing to City Voice when the motives of the surveys became clear. It wasn't that hard to read through them. I'm not sure why the club are afraid of this. You don't need hundreds of people, just a four or five reasonable and eloquent representatives with a mandate from fans via social media and a pre-detrminded agenda to be submitted prior to any meetings.

I think you are right about the OSC. It has a separate purpose that in fairness has helped us to sell out our Wembley allocation.

Thanks Sheila. I think everyone has lost confidence in the surveys. Good old fashioned face to face engagement is required.
Definitely Tim. I start those surveys in the hope that one day they might ask that sort of question and only finish them if they do ask 'sensible' questions!

Getting excited about tomorrow now. Off from Eccles at 6.30 am and can't wait to be doing the Poznan (probably on my own) when we score!! I could be exhausted at the end of the match because I reckon we'll score a few if our Vinnie and Zaba are on the pitch!!

Definitely Tim. I start those surveys in the hope that one day they might ask that sort of question and only finish them if they do ask 'sensible' questions!

Getting excited about tomorrow now. Off from Eccles at 6.30 am and can't wait to be doing the Poznan (probably on my own) when we score!! I could be exhausted at the end of the match because I reckon we'll score a few if our Vinnie and Zaba are on the pitch!!

It's going to be an exciting day. The fans will really back the team in the face of the media onslaught and the Poznan will return.

I am going to a Richard Ashcroft and Black Grape gig tonight so hopefully I won't miss the train or forget everyone's match tickets (I've still got about ten for Supoirters Club members).

1. Scrapping the Citizens membership fee. Free to all City fans as long as they agree to being contacted with tickets sales, merchandise offers, etc.

2. Season ticket and matchday ticket price freeze.

3. Affordable matchday tickets across the board.

4. End showsec and employ only City stewards on matchdays.

5. Cheaper drink and food prices. Example.£1.50 for a bottle of water is a joke.(think it's £1.50?)

6. Once again. Review of, and better bar service. More pumps, multi-pours, more trained staff, etc.

7.Atmosphere. Pep. Close the bars 10-15 minutes before kick off so fans are in their seats instead of getting another pint just before kick off. Communicate this to the fans pre-season so they know what to expect next season. Yes some will kick off at first, but they will get used to it.

8. Organise car parks, traffic flow, and Metrolink better. Not the responsibility of the club as such, but the club can work with the council, Police, Metrolink, etc to improve transport to and from the stadium. Set up park and ride places away from the ground with a bus company and offer cheap return tickets to the park and ride places. 1 bus could take up to 30 cars off the roads around the stadium.

9. Improve the atmosphere. Work with1894. Proper singing section. Dedicated singing section season ticket. No Showsec.

10. ENGAGE WITH THE FANS AGAIN. MONTHLY MEETINGS. A FAN.ON THE BOARD TO DISCUSS FANS ISSUES.(SEPERATE FROM NORMAL.BOARD MEETINGS) FANS TO DECIDE FAN BOARD MEMBER FROM A LIST OF CANDIDATES.

11. Improve the dreadful website. Especially buying tickets. More ticket info on the home page. More info on where tickets are being allocated. Employees, sponsors, branches, 3rd party interweb sites, ticket split, etc.

12. Kill the cheese. Yes, it's 2017, but there needs to be a balance.

13. Review sradium bans. If not, publish reasons for a specific ban, and length of ban, so fans are aware of the reasons and the length of bans. Review heavy handed treatment of fans being removed. Does it take 5 showsec, 2 city stewards, and the Police to remove 1 fan? Mobbing up on 1 fan by the above on the concourse is unacceptable and is aggresive stewarding.

Etc.

Great stuff JRB.

On the Showsec problem, I noticed that the Club use another security company for some duties. I think they might be called CIC or CIS. It makes me wonder why we haven't tried another security firm given all the problems with Showsec.

And we could help them avoid that sort of shit as we know what is likely to work and what isn't.
As a City fan listening to so much negative press over the last few years/months/weeks /days has become annoying .if i was a CEO or Press Officer. of an organisation getting so much unwarranted and undeserved flak i would be implementing a strategy to combat the bad press. Our motley crew at the Etihad dont seem to be bothered the Press is running rings round us and at times making us a laughing stock

Thanks moomba. What's happening at the other CFG Clubs?
Nothing in particular. Just get the feeling general detachment between supporters and club. For me NY City probably doing the most to involve their supporters (or at least give the impression of it).

Some good points made on here but will the club listen? I have my doubts. It would help if the club started communicating with fans face to face . I keep getting surveys to fill in but never see these acted on the latest being a bloody band to put on our wrist . Also why have City square going until 15 mins before ko ? This just encourages fans to enter the stadium late. Never mind we have an important date at Wembley tomorrow!

As a City fan listening to so much negative press over the last few years/months/weeks /days has become annoying .if i was a CEO or Press Officer. of an organisation getting so much unwarranted and undeserved flak i would be implementing a strategy to combat the bad press. Our motley crew at the Etihad dont seem to be bothered the Press is running rings round us and at times making us a laughing stock

I agree cyberblue that the Press Office should be doing more but I think they are trying. For example, Pep was very positive about our fans but it is reported that he thinks we have a shit atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.