What one thing does manchester need to make it even greater?

It was a rumour that Worsley could be a possibility IIRC. Having lived in Chester for 16 years (moved back) the city could definitely handle it. The size is the problem as it would need to be huge and leafy (which Worsley is) however I feel it would need to be nearer the city centre. Transport and volume etc

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They looked at it for years on Leigh road near worsley but peel kept getting knocked back.

Seems a big watse of land for me that bit facing the houses in Leigh road. Mind you the traffic is shite around there.

Needs cleaning up for me. Too many beggars and druggies on the streets. Can't imagine what a tourist walking from Picc Station to say Cross Street down Piccadilly and market street must think. "What a shithole" probably.

A big square with bars/restaurants like many European cities. What Piccadilly Gardens could/should be. Albert Square doesn't quite cut it.

More parks - patches of derelict land converted to city parks.

Make more use of the canals and river - hop on/off tour boats that go around the city. Canal side bars/restaurants, street food, etc.

Like the OP, a venue for entertainment centred on a "city resort" hotel, smaller capacity than the Arena but good for big shows, concerts, sports events, horse of the year type, boxing, MMA, WWE and similar. Bit like the Albert Hall but with the hotel.

It was a rumour that Worsley could be a possibility IIRC. Having lived in Chester for 16 years (moved back) the city could definitely handle it. The size is the problem as it would need to be huge and leafy (which Worsley is) however I feel it would need to be nearer the city centre. Transport and volume etc

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

A formula 1 road circuit. A bit like Monaco but without the Yachts. And the women. And the money. And the weather.

Horse racing on Platt fields it is then.

Needs cleaning up for me. Too many beggars and druggies on the streets. Can't imagine what a tourist walking from Picc Station to say Cross Street down Piccadilly and market street must think. "What a shithole" probably.

This.

From the train station to Market Street it's a festering dump.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.