What one thing does manchester need to make it even greater?

Needs cleaning up for me. Too many beggars and druggies on the streets. Can't imagine what a tourist walking from Picc Station to say Cross Street down Piccadilly and market street must think. "What a shithole" probably.
I left Manchester in '92 to live in Oz
Brought my 12 year old son in Apr/May to see City, he remarked about how much litter, filthy grimy buildings , beggars, druggies, scumbags, alkies were hassling people from Picc station ,on the Metrolink there was a fight, not the best impression for a city
that considers itself to be Britains second City
Needs a fuckin good scrubbing

Ester

Brought my 12 year old son in Apr/May to see City, he remarked about how much litter, filthy grimy buildings , beggars, druggies, scumbags, alkies were hassling people from Picc station ,on the Metrolink there was a fight, not the best impression for a city

Ester
Brutal but honest, if you come into Manchester from Piccadilly it's a shit hole. Hopefully the powers that be read our posts and get on to it pal.

Ester
Brutal but honest, if you come into Manchester from Piccadilly it's a shit hole. Hopefully the powers that be read our posts and get on to it pal.

Ester

Manchester has history to be proud of and as we saw last month, it still holds a community that comes together when things are at their darkest
As a tour operator I meet many many people who remark on my accent, and where I'm from, and I'm proud to be from M/cr but I really felt that someone (and I don't know who) has let Mancunians down by letting the gateway of the City for many travellers get to this state
What's that saying, " You get one chance to make a first impression".

Manchester has history to be proud of and as we saw last month, it still holds a community that comes together when things are at their darkest
As a tour operator I meet many many people who remark on my accent, and where I'm from, and I'm proud to be from M/cr but I really felt that someone (and I don't know who) has let Mancunians down by letting the gateway of the City for many travellers get to this state
What's that saying, " You get one chance to make a first impression".
Exactly mate first impressions count. It's. not on.

Ester
Yeah sadly when I visit England I'm sorry to see so much litter and mess, it seems to me an English thing, you just don't see litter in Oz or NZ, why do people think it's OK to drop an empty coke can on a grass verge

Actual real regeneration outside the city itself, it's alright building glass towers within a mile and half raidius, but there are too many places just beyond that, that are shabby and underinvested in.

pedestianisation of the city centre and add more shuttle buses, metrolink rides in city zone also free.

Clean up the city, and sort out picadilly approach, the gardens and market st.
an underground/monorail in areas the metrolink cannot reach.

Utilize the irwell better only city I have been in that doesn't have a riverside area with restraunts, bars etc.

A new bus and coach staiton away from picadilly gardens.

Turning the proposed bootle street redevelopment now dead in the water instead into a new city centre park with cafes and exercise area (abercrombie stays too but tidied up) and a permament Peterloo merorial, in fact name it peterloo memoroal park.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.