What teams did people at your school support?

Started at Wilbraham in 66 when it first opened and most of the kids were City fans. I went to Ossie Rd juniors in Chorlton before that, and I don't remember any kids claiming to be City or Utd fans, although we used to play football every playtime.

Did Chorlton ever turn up for the much anticipated "scrap" in Chorlton Park in your day? In the early 70's there was always several days of increasing hype, rumours and threats which ended with 5 or 6 lads standing around the park looking secretly relieved that it was another no-show!

went to school in heald green and cheadle hulme. pretty much all united and a few county fans. there were a few city fans. the idea that everyone in stockport is a city fan is myth - loads of united fans.

Went to school in Timperley in the 1990s

They mostly supported United. Even kids who’s both parents were Blues were changing to United fans. Other kids who’s parents were Blues stopped following football and got into basketball and ice hockey who had successful local teams in the 90s (rather than support the Rags) because City just didn’t appeal to them.

Then there were little pockets of City fans in each year group. We all knew each other and are still mates and go to games together now.

I used to work in a school in Salford and it was about 99% United. Worked in a school in Wythenshawe and I’d say it’s about 50:50.

CIty 45%, Utd 30% Liverpool 10% Leeds 5% County 5% The rest 5%
Bramhall High 73-79
Interestingly after years of decline, my friends who still live in the area tell me that City are back on a par with Utd after falling well behind in the 90's and naughties.

Went to school in Burnley all supported Burnley from recolection might have been the odd Leeds fan.
I went to school in Rammy, and Bumley had a bit of support there back in the seventies. My cousin who went to the same school still supports them despite his Dad being a huge red. I always got the impression of quite a bit of hatred for the rags in the town. Only one in my class, but then again I was the only blue. Had one mate support Bury and another Bolton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.