What was the terrace fashion on the Kippax in the 1980s?

City had some cool little mobs late 70s through the 80s, Cool Cats, Pez's firm, Daffy, Dicko and Scotty's mob, all cool dressers, remember Daffy shaving his eyebrows off and a few followed suit, daft fuckers
Dicko and Scotty used to go to London a lot and buy those knee length belted leather coats and sell them in the pubs before games, i bought a brown patchwork one off them, cool as fuck with Prince of Wales check strides and highly polished Timson Royals, those were the days

I am pretty sure that leather coats (ala John Shaft),POW checks,and Timpson Royals were all in fashion in the early 70s,from about 1971 until 1974ish. Cyber Blue (Don) has described the same clothes as you,and I think he dated them to when he left the navy in the early 70s.

I am pretty sure that leather coats (ala John Shaft),POW checks,and Timpson Royals were all in fashion in the early 70s,from about 1971 until 1974ish. Cyber Blue (Don) has described the same clothes as you,and I think he dated them to when he left the navy in the early 70s.
I still had my coat in 76 i remember because it was too fucking hot to wear it:)
Someone also mentioned that sheepskins never took off at City, not true really, quite a few of us had them, mine was darkish brown with dark brown sheepskin as opposed to the white, Bulldog had a sheepskin donkey jacket and Sully had a sheepskin butchers boy coat, pair of scruffy fuckers lol

I still had my coat in 76 i remember because it was too fucking hot to wear it:)
Someone also mentioned that sheepskins never took off at City, not true really, quite a few of us had them, mine was darkish brown with dark brown sheepskin as opposed to the white, Bulldog had a sheepskin donkey jacket and Sully had a sheepskin butchers boy coat, pair of scruffy fuckers lol
My younger brother was wearing his long leather coat when he got chucked out of the ground by the police,for running on the pitch in the 4-1 League Cup game vs United in Nov 1975,so you are correct,they were still in fashion in 75/76.
But footwear had definitely changed. Brogues and Oxfords had been replaced with stack heels about 1973,and my brother was wearing a pair of slip on clogs that night vs United.
I remember it from so long ago,only because the clogs kept slipping off his feet if he tried to run at all.

My younger brother was wearing his long leather coat when he got chucked out of the ground by the police,for running on the pitch in the 4-1 League Cup game vs United in Nov 1975,so you are correct,they were still in fashion in 75/76.
But footwear had definitely changed. Brogues and Oxfords had been replaced with stack heels about 1973,and my brother was wearing a pair of slip on clogs that night vs United.
I remember it from so long ago,only because the clogs kept slipping off his feet if he tried to run at all.
Wish i could get my hands on my wedding photos from 76 i would put them on here but my first wife has probably burnt them lol, there would be a few old blues looking at them and thinking WTF did we really dress like that, all the old City boys were there, kipper ties and everything

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.