What was your all time plot loss moment watching City, good or bad?

That Blackburn away fa cup match was nasty....your not fit to wear the shirt and we meant it.

Spurs in the cup final replay, the walk to get the train seemed to be past every spurs fan alive or dead throughout history. Lucky my dad was with me to calm me down as an 18 year old I was ready to take in the world.

Special mention to Oldham beating us 4-1 with a Palmer hat trick at Maine Rd I'd driven 2 neighbours down who were Oldham fans.....I didn't fucking drive them home.

2013 FA Cup Final

Couldn’t believe what I had just seen and went for what was supposed to be a short run to get the frustration out of my system... ended up running 15 km and don’t remember much it.

Apart from that I haven’t really had any headwobble moments, even during the dark days. But, back then, I had much lower expectations so nearly everything even remotely positive was a plus.

1996 - City v Liverpool at home

Need to win to stay up. Go 2-0 down, grab two quick goals in the last quarter of the game and then I see Lomas wasting time in the corner.
I had my radio with me, and there was no update on radio 5. So I assume, he would only do that if he had heard something different (namely Southampton or Coventry losing which would have kept us up).
3 minutes later we start to play again.
Was in a funk at that point but the worst thing was, (not as bad as going down but you know what I mean), Alan Ball saying after that he told Lomas to waste time because some woman (a member of the general public) told him we were alright. A member of the public!!!!!! And he had the cheek to blame the woman.
Lost all confidence in ball after that and nearly lost my rag with a chap in the pub who said Ball shouldn't be sacked.

That was the lowest of the lowest.

1996 relegation against Liverpool was bad.... Especially given it was my 11th birthday that day.

1998 relegation against Stoke. Remember being inconsolable and my Dad trying to comfort me saying that one day it would all be different (I doubt very much he believed it at the time but how right he turned out to be!).

But the absolute worst for me was the Wigan cup final. I'd travelled to Wembley with my in laws who are Wigan fans.... The journey back was absolute torture. Absolutely insufferable.

Rooney overhead kick.
At least Buzzer got it spot on that day.
Mario getting sent off against Arsenal thinking that's the league over.

I had to walk out with half an hour to go when we went 3-1 down at home to a shit Sunderland in 11/12. We'd bossed the league and then slowly started to throw it away after teasing us we could actually do it. You know the rest...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.