What was your all time plot loss moment watching City, good or bad?

Yes gillingham 2-0 Down. I was utterly devestated.

But that stoke game on Boxing Day - something spiritual happened that day. It was the real low point.

That was my first away match, it was indeed that day if I remember correctly, I was also lifted out of the stadium on the back of police horse. I was being squashed on the way out, my dad had to pick me up above his head and I was placed on the horse.....

on the minibus home i believe it started to filter through about the tragedy, was extremely eerie!!

Remember that day all too well. I was living in Birkenhead at the time and my flat mate Neil had gone to Hillsbrough whilst I’d gone to Ewood. The enormity of what had gone on there didn’t really sink in til I got home and started watching the telly. Neil didn’t come home for several days afterwards. I knew he was OK, cos a mutual friend told me he’d gone to his mum’s, but when he did come back he was pretty fucked up and had counselling for months. Black black day

I don’t mind getting beat by anyone (excluding the rag scum) but if the team or certain individuals aren’t up for it or aren’t putting the effort in I regularly lose it.

That’s been the main highlight for me this season, the football has been incredible but it’s the fact that every single player is really at it. It doesn’t have to be all blood and thunder, it’s the effort to press and close down on top of making selfless rubs off the ball when we’re in possession. It’s a joy to watch.

Most of the cheating ****s in black get dogs abuse, that’s mainly because they’re a set of corrupt wankers and don’t even disguise it these days.

My City watching nadir and zenith occurred within 8 minutes of each other. I’d never been more depressed in my life than when Fat Bob put Gillingham 2-0 up at Wembley. It felt like there was no escape, that it would never be “our turn”, just merciless oblivion and kicks in the teeth forever and ever. I just sat there on my shitty backless seat with my head in my hands, too depressed to even get up and leave. When Paul Dickov scored it was by contrast the single biggest Adrenalin rush I’ve known to this day. Just screaming “yes, yes, yes” over and over again. Even Sergio couldn’t match it. Like everyone else I left that game utterly fucking drained.

The closest I came to matching Gillingham in terms of anger and depression was possibly that FA Cup QF defeat at home to Spurs. Mike Sheron actually put us in front, but thereafter it was a fucking car crash. I was angry at myself that day for allowing myself to hope. I should have known better.

Belter from littke terry though......

The pitch invasion was a disgrace, i remember running up to nayim, I was 10/11ish if memory serves, and giving him the finger, my dad gave me a clip!!

Foy sending Kompany off in the FA Cup match against the ****s convinced me the whole game was bent. I was walking away from it there and then.

That worked out well....

That was my first away match, it was indeed that day if I remember correctly, I was also lifted out of the stadium on the back of police horse. I was being squashed on the way out, my dad had to pick me up above his head and I was placed on the horse.....

on the minibus home i believe it started to filter through about the tragedy, was extremely eerie!!
Thats right, there was a lot of bouncing around at first even though we lost, qe had some great away followings in the various standing ends in those days, there but for the grace of god.
I reckon i was about 15 at the time and even i knew gerry taggert wasnt...and never would be a right back.

Chelsea home last season was a shocker. I was supposed to be out afterwards but went home for a lie down given the officiating. I slept through and woke at 4am unable to get back to sleep. It really upset me!

Literally coukdn’t believe we’d thrown it away. Stopped myself throwing the remote at our relatively new TV.
I was in the main stand, 3 seats away from gary owen and right behind their vip's. Held it together til bellers made it 3-3 and i gave it to a red twat in the seat in front thinking it was a draw...fuck me, talk about gutted!

I remember being a very angry 18 year old after the 3-3 draw at home to Bournmouth. Mind you, if we’d won I wouldnt have had the euphoria moment in the Bradford City end 7 days later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.