What's a fair price to watch a premiership football match?

ColinBellsjockstrap

Ok, assuming there were no such thing as season tickets......

How much would you say a FAIR price would be to see a typical premiership match, one that you would be HAPPY to pay, because now with prices creeping around the £40/50 mark that is a hell of a lot of money if for instance you took your wife and a couple of kids for under two hours entertainment.

I know players wages have gone through the roof over the last fifteen years, but in the sixties you could get in the Kippax for around 2s/6d.....and still have enough left over for a programme and lukewarm bovril.........

In my honest opinion....

Adults - between £20 and £40 depending on the team you support e.g. all big teams to charge £40 and smaller teams to charge less

Students (16-21) - around £15 as most of them don't have a lot of money and you need to keep them interested in coming to the match so cheaper tickets for them

Kids - maximum should be £5 just to get the interested in football and loyal to the club as they grow up. Those first games that they go to stick with them forever and make them excited to go to the matches

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
in the sixties you could get in the Kippax for around 2s/6d.....and still have enough left over for a programme and lukewarm bovril.........

Thank you for making me feel young. I struggle with the idea that it costs more than 20 quid to go to a match tbh. I do pay the going price but I resent it. I used to go to every away match but when shitty clubs like Birmingham started charging £30/40+ I started to pick and choose. Clubs take advantage of supporter loyalty and I felt I had to say enough is enough, especially when for away games the money is going to another club, usually one I dislike intensely.

£25 adults
£10 students and oaps
£5 kids

Family of 4 tickets for £50

Fair price for beer in ground £3
Fair price for coke £1.50
Fair price for hot dog £2
Fair price for pie £2

It's not just the tickets that are a rip off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.