What's all the fuss about?

blue b4 the moon

Long post alert.

I know it's another Mark Hughes thread but I have one question for any pro Hughes supporters still out there.

My thoughts after more than half a season of game if you include all the cup games we've played are:

We've not had the rub of the green with refs such as Spurs, Wigan , Bolton etc. but by the same token overall nobody can say we've also not been very very poor for most of the season as well.

We've had ourselves out fought by teams who on paper can't hold a candle to our squad on paper like Hull, WBA etc.

Hughes has been out thought by managers who in some cases are relative novices in the prem and other who have been around a while and although established in England are not known on the world stage. I lose track of the amount of games where we start well for 20 mins and sometimes get in front only for the opposition to change things and come back into the game.

Being a S/T holder and a regular from 1970 I'd like to think I have some footballing knowledge idea however, I have very little idea of our style of play. The players don't seem to know either.

I also don't know what we do in training we seem to have no plans/ideas for corners attacking and defending, throw-ins, free kicks, patterns of play.

The signing made whilst Hughes has been in charge are without doubt overall and improvement to the team TBH excepted. Even he is possibly worth a place compared with the form of Dunne/Richards.

We have had more than our fair share of injuries but backup players have not been used correctly and players played out of position game after game.

Formations, nothing wrong with 4-5-1 if we have the players but we don't hence half the team is moved around to play Vass who is not a prem player anymore. I'm not just singling him out.

Playing half fit players, Rob in Spain -no need to, Benji yesterday when the obvious choice was Caseido.

The dressing room seems split by all accounts not a Brazilian in sight yesterday. I have my doubts that our owner will be too please no matter how much cash he's got with out style of play.

I started this thread by mentioning a question....

Our owners would expect Champs League success in the next 4/5/6 years probably with a flair team.

Can you honestly picture Sparkless Hughes on the touchline in a tactical battle with Jose or whoever else is in the top few bosses ever?

I can't and if you can't it's time for him to go.

When you see Hughes' face during a game you know we're in shit. He looks (and has proven he is) clueless.

blue b4 the moon said:
Long post alert.

I know it's another Mark Hughes thread but I have one question for any pro Hughes supporters still out there.

My thoughts after more than half a season of game if you include all the cup games we've played are:

We've not had the rub of the green with refs such as Spurs, Wigan , Bolton etc. but by the same token overall nobody can say we've also not been very very poor for most of the season as well.

We've had ourselves out fought by teams who on paper can't hold a candle to our squad on paper like Hull, WBA etc.

Hughes has been out thought by managers who in some cases are relative novices in the prem and other who have been around a while and although established in England are not known on the world stage. I lose track of the amount of games where we start well for 20 mins and sometimes get in front only for the opposition to change things and come back into the game.

Being a S/T holder and a regular from 1970 I'd like to think I have some footballing knowledge idea however, I have very little idea of our style of play. The players don't seem to know either.

I also don't know what we do in training we seem to have no plans/ideas for corners attacking and defending, throw-ins, free kicks, patterns of play.

The signing made whilst Hughes has been in charge are without doubt overall and improvement to the team TBH excepted. Even he is possibly worth a place compared with the form of Dunne/Richards.

We have had more than our fair share of injuries but backup players have not been used correctly and players played out of position game after game.

Formations, nothing wrong with 4-5-1 if we have the players but we don't hence half the team is moved around to play Vass who is not a prem player anymore. I'm not just singling him out.

Playing half fit players, Rob in Spain -no need to, Benji yesterday when the obvious choice was Caseido.

The dressing room seems split by all accounts not a Brazilian in sight yesterday. I have my doubts that our owner will be too please no matter how much cash he's got with out style of play.

Our owners would expect Champs League success in the next 4/5/6 years probably with a flair team.

Can you honestly picture Sparkless Hughes on the touchline in a tactical battle with Jose or whoever else is in the top few bosses ever?

not enough there to sack him.

blue b4 the moon said:
Long post alert.

Agree completely with your analysis mate. I dont believe money will be made available for Hughes to turn us into another Blackburn. Our owners want the best and if Hughes cant deliver on that sooner rather than later he will be history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.