what's going on-Marvin Gaye

Knight1979

Just listened to the record straight through....almost brings me to tears each time.

Best soul album ever??

Fantastic album but not sure about the best ever, (although consistently comes top of most 'great album' charts.

I'd go for 'otis blue- otis Redding'

'Four Tops' by the four tops is another good un.

not just the best soul album ever, but THE best album by anyone ever.perfect.

It's MY favourite album ever. So insightful, so relevant, so prophetic, so perfect. Ecological, spiritual, religious, mortal and tortured.

Almost as pitch perfect as Nat 'King' Cole, Marvin was/ is my favourite artist ever. Wore his heart on his sleeve.

Pure brilliance, that album.

One of the most overrated albums of all time, sounds awfully dated these days. Stevie Wonder's Innervisions, Fullfillingness First Finale and Songs in the Key of Life are the best soul albums ever.

Most soul albums are a pile of shit as they are usually 10-12 tracks of love songs which makes the greatest vocalist Luther Vandross' albums sound a bit weak.

BTâ„¢ said:
One of the most overrated albums of all time, sounds awfully dated these days. Stevie Wonder's Innervisions, Fullfillingness First Finale and Songs in the Key of Life are the best soul albums ever.

Most soul albums are a pile of shit as they are usually 10-12 tracks of love songs which makes the greatest vocalist Luther Vandross' albums sound a bit weak.

You fucking weird internet stalking bad music taste having sexually dead cock muncher.

Anything to be different eh BT? Anything to appear interesting, edgy or wacky.

Get back to your fucking massive collection of saved BM threads and photo collections you sick fuck.

There are laws against people like you, BM may protect you but the world wont.

BTâ„¢ said:

WTF??!

Who mentioned 'love' albums??

Stevie Wonder's stuff is second to Marvin's original concept album. He was the first to take a massive risk on a whole albums worth challenging social commentary. Without Marvin, Stevie's stuff wouldn't have happened.

Your comments really lack knowledge on the impact 'What's Going on?' had on the music world. As for albums full of sh*t love songs, look no further than MJ's crock of sh*t served up over the years.

Bigga said:
BTâ„¢ said:

WTF??!

Stevie Wonder's stuff is second to Marvin's original concept album. He was the first to take a massive risk on a whole albums worth challenging social commentary. Without Marvin, Stevie's stuff wouldn't have happened.

Your comments really lack knowledge on the impact 'What's Going on?' had on the music world. As for albums full of sh*t love songs, look no further than MJ's crock of sh*t served up over the years.
Again you are so quick to stamp all over other peoples opinions. I gave my opinion on this subject and that is how it stands.

Marvin Gaye was murdered before the eighties got really going so he is saved the apparent embarrassment of that decade.

Oh and the comments on Jackson have nothing to do with this thread as he decided long ago not to stay stuck in the soul pigeon hole that Marvin never got out of.

Beat It = Social commentary.

Bigga said:
BTâ„¢ said:

WTF??!

You're arguing about music with a man who thinks Beat It is social commentary Bigga, my heart goes out to you.

What BT knows about music you could write on the back of his tiny little cock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.