What's the best pint you've had in the last 7 days and where

Is the Barn Owl on the canal, not been down Lymm for years

Yes about a mile and a half outside the town on Warrington lane but if you are in Lymm definitely try the Brewery Tap for their own beers and usually guest ales from the Dunham Massey brewery down the road. Usually have craft cider as well.

Yes and no.
If you asked a brewer they would say that a Bitter was a sub category of a Pale Ale just like ESB, Saison, Golden ale and Pale ales.
Pale Ale denotes a beer that is golden to copper in colour and brewed using an 'ale yeast'. American ales tend to be less bitter and this is probably due in part to the type of hop used. If Mosaic hop is used here the beer is more likely to be classified as a Pale Ale, if a traditional British hop is used its more likely to taste like a traditional Bitter due to the less aromatic and non citrus flavour. Does that help?
Helps a ton! Any good examples of a traditional "bitter" that I could get stateside to try and get an idea? Living in Austin, I have a good selection of import beer shops.

Helps a ton! Any good examples of a traditional "bitter" that I could get stateside to try and get an idea? Living in Austin, I have a good selection of import beer shops.

They don't travel well. In my opinion you are better just buying the local brews. london homesick by oasis brewery is pretty decent.

Best pint? Bud? Must try harder mate. That's like making love in a canoe.
surprised I haven't had more shit for posting that.....but the OP did say in the last 7 days and to re iterate I had been running a chainsaw all day on a house I'm building in the woods in hot weather. Wouldn't have swapped it for a Pedigree right there and then

Yes and no.
If you asked a brewer they would say that a Bitter was a sub category of a Pale Ale just like ESB, Saison, Golden ale and Pale ales.
Pale Ale denotes a beer that is golden to copper in colour and brewed using an 'ale yeast'. American ales tend to be less bitter and this is probably due in part to the type of hop used. If Mosaic hop is used here the beer is more likely to be classified as a Pale Ale, if a traditional British hop is used its more likely to taste like a traditional Bitter due to the less aromatic and non citrus flavour. Does that help?
11l22py.jpg

Had a pint of trooper the Iron maiden Beer in the fletcher's in denton, best pint I have had for a while

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.