What's the best you've ever seen City play?

HelloCity

It might not necessarily the biggest scoreline or the most important result, but what's the best all around performance you've ever seen City put in?

Not just one half of greatness, just a complete performance where the players played to their best and gave their all for the whole 90+ minutes.

It can be relative to the quality of the players as well. So if you thought we put in a great 90 minute performance under Keegan on the way to promotion you can include that.

Most complete performance I have ever seen was the 1-0 victory over United at the back end of the 2012 season. We have had bigger margins of victory over them but to stop them even having a shot on goal in a game which was an almost title decider was a phenomenal achievement. Just a complete professional performance from the 1st minute to the last.

If you were talking technical brilliance, skill, workrate, pace, goals etc all at once, we are pretty much doing it now imo. I'm not sure many teams anywhere have played better.

For a team with 11 players raising a performance to an amazing level, the 5-1 v the rags takes some beating.

The 6-1 must be up there, they never really got a foothold in the game, and it really should have been 10.

Most complete performance I have ever seen was the 1-0 victory over United at the back end of the 2012 season. We have had bigger margins of victory over them but to stop them even having a shot on goal in a game which was an almost title decider was a phenomenal achievement. Just a complete professional performance from the 1st minute to the last.

Given the circumstances, I thought the second half would be the longest 45 minutes of my life but we never gave them a sniff and it flew by.

'Professional' definitely sums it up, something I never thought I'd see City be.

People are falling for the opposition and scoreline

6-1 - United were arguably the better side up until Mario scored. We played better in the 1-0 home game later on that season and the 5-1 game against Spurs was a much more complete performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.