What's the longest period you have been single for?

About a 8 months from the age of 15.

2 marriages, 1 divorce, 1 kid from each.

When I was younger I thought I had to be in a relationship. If one split up I would be sniffing out another pretty quickly. Now in my late 40's, if this one ever went tits up, that would be it for me. I find as I get older I like my own company more and more and other people's less and less.

Very happy single,i've been married twice,lived with someone for 4 yrs and been in a 3 yr on off relationship,he tried to get me to move in but i wouldn't do it.Now i am the single mad cat lady and very content with it,everyone should have time to themselves now and again as you rediscover yourself

Pics or it didn't happen.

The 're-discovering yourself' that is.

;)

Three marriages? Death aside, I think most would stop at two.

I've been on my own for perhaps five years now. I'm 37. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. People who have to be in relationships or use their own to try and put you down are deeply insecure about them.

I'm so independent now that a woman would have to be understanding when I head to Europe for two nights to watch Wales in the football qualifiers. There's also beer before City with my friends locally. She can come if she behaves otherwise I see her afterwards.

You my friend are a God.

I've had a couple of periods of slightly over a year being single since I was 17; a period of 30 years. In many respects, single life suits me down to the ground, as it allows me to indulge my predilection for being a selfish **** and come and go as I please, although to a significant extent that is how I operate within relationships in any event, which explains why they frequently falter.

I've had a couple of periods of slightly over a year being single since I was 17; a period of 30 years. In many respects, single life suits me down to the ground, as it allows me to indulge my predilection for being a selfish **** and come and go as I please, although to a significant extent that is how I operate within relationships in any event, which explains why they frequently falter.

But you like so many people....I'm surprised they don't like you back!

But you like so many people....I'm surprised they don't like you back!
They do like me back; that isn't the problem. Pretty much every serious relationship I've been in would have lasted the distance if it wasn't for my selfishness creating fault lines. The only one I regret is my marriage, but in my defence I was going through an extraordinarily difficult period (lost business, went bankrupt, skint etc) which at the time was difficult for me to look past. Still makes me very sad to this day. I know I'll never love anyone as much as her.

Anyway, on a more serious note, I like you too :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.