What's your favourite European city?

Florence it's only competition in my opinion.
If you are in Venice and like churches and Renaissance art,visit Scuola Grande di San Rocco and Basilica di Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari.
Virtually next door to each other in the bus station end of the city.
Cheers fella , just seen this.
We are home tomorrow morning unfortunately and we are staying near Pizzale Roma as well.

As much as I love it, is Bruges actually a city?

Edit: just looked it up; yes it is!

Harry: [about Ray] So he's having a really nice time?

Ken: Well, I'm having a really nice time. I'm not sure it's really his cup of tea.

Harry: [after a long pause] What?

Ken: You know, I'm not sure it's really his thing.

Harry: What do you mean it's not really his thing? What's that supposed to mean? It's not really his thing. What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Ken: Nothing, Harry.

Harry: It's a fairytale town, isn't it? How's a fairytale town not somebody's fucking thing?How can all those canals and bridges and cobbled streets and those churches, all that beautiful fucking fairytale stuff, how can that not be somebody's fucking thing, eh?

Ken: What I think I meant to say was...

Harry: [Interrupts] Is the swans still there?

Ken: Yeah, there's swans...

Harry: How can fucking swans not fucking be somebody's fucking thing, eh? How can that be?

Ken thinks its a city too.....

Inverness
Londonderry
Hong Kong
Valetta
Lisbon
I was chatting to a bloke today from Derry who was raving about it , never been myself.
Hong Kong's great but not very European.

Off to Prague next week hoping that's good.

In no particular order, some of my favourites:

Vienna
Berlin
Istanbul
Prague
Madrid
Verona
Dresden
Bologna
Glasgow
Rotterdam
And Innsbruck, of course.

1200px-Leeds_Rathaus.jpg

|
~

San Sebastian is a good shout. Lovely city - "Donostia" in the local Basque tongue. Bruges has a lot going for it. Vienna is superb.

One of the most attractive towns/cities has to be Delft. Alas, no Vermeers in the local galleries (although he came from there) as the town can't afford the insurance on the paintings.
A favourite of mine is Bamberg, a World Heritage site famed for its delicious Rauchbier (smoked beer). Fabulous! Anyone else tried it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.