When did you first sing "We Never Win At Home And...." & Tennessee Wig Walk

Great post Gary, my first memory of it is Notts county away 82-83 season but I'm much younger than PB :-)
NB I think we'd won the first few games of the season and it was sung as a piss take/celebration, shame how the season ended.

October 1984 Blackpool away in the League Cup. We went in an old yellow British Rail transport van. The back doors didn`t close properly, were held together with an elastic bungee, and you risked your life falling out of the back. The driver under serious influence started singing this as he was approaching traffic lights on green waiting for them to turn red and then hitting the accelerator. As far as I was aware this was it`s first airing, it appeared to be drivel the (smashed) driver was just making up. Many stories from that night, arrests, blue on blue (mistaken identity), old ambulances, hitchikers, nightclubs, police stations...........

As for Goodison Park in Feb '86 that was the dodgiest night match I`ve ever been to.

We never win at home and we never win away...
M.C.F.C ok...

It was either 83 or 84, at home to Notts County when it really took off, there was a crowd of about 20,000 and city were poor. The Kippax sang it non stop in the 2nd half.
i can't remember which away game it started at.

Great article Gary. I especially loved the clip of the FA cup homecoming. It appears that city fans have pioneered many chants through the years but not so much nowadays. Would you say it's the older generation not being on board with modern music which is often a catalyst for chant starting?
I think you're right. I'm 27 and I feel like most people my age range make a lot of noise but most people in my generation took the easy option and chose the rags instead.

I was on the train that night and we weren't treated particularly well by the police at the station.

We had to get a bus from Goodison to the train station (Edge Hill??) after that match. Police didn't treat us particularly well on that either.
Anyway, back on topic. I started going to away matches around 1983 or 84, and "We never win at home and we never win away" was rife by then.

The words to the song that I remember as a kid on the Kippax in the late sixties early seventies was as follows:

'' I'm a bow legged chicken I'm a knock kneed hen,
We ain't had a fight since I don't know when,
We don't give a wiggle and we don't give a w****.
We are the kippax boot boys!''

Remember something like this
With a knock kneed chicken and a bow legged hen
We ain't lost a fight since we don't know when
We don't give a wank and don't give a fuck
We are the Kippax Boot Boys.
Sometime late 60's early 70,s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.