When did you first sing "We Never Win At Home And...." & Tennessee Wig Walk

Am I rights in thinking it sort of petered out around the time of the takeover (if not before) and then sort of resurrected itself a few years later when we were beating all comers?

We used the tune, if not the words, earlier than 1979. Around 1975/6 I remember we used to sing "Oh we hate Man U & we hate Man U. We hate Man U & we hate Man U. We hate Man U & we hate Man U. We are the Man U haters".

My dad, who's a red, used to sing this with a smug tone to wind me up every time Utd won when I was a kid. From memory I'd say he first started using it around 1982 but it may well have been around before then.

Remember something like this
With a knock kneed chicken and a bow legged hen
We ain't lost a fight since we don't know when
We don't give a wank and don't give a fuck
We are the Kippax Boot Boys.
Sometime late 60's early 70,s

Close, but my recollection was:

From a one-eyed chicken to a knock-kneed hen
We've not lost a fight since we don't know when
We don't give a wiggle and we don't give a wank.

You'll note the last lines lacks Shakespearian rhyming authenticity. My theory is it was copied from "We are the Arsenal North Bank".

Close, but my recollection was:

From a one-eyed chicken to a knock-kneed hen
We've not lost a fight since we don't know when
We don't give a wiggle and we don't give a wank.

You'll note the last lines lacks Shakespearian rhyming authenticity. My theory is it was copied from "We are the Arsenal North Bank".

Grim up north was correct, you were perhaps on the left side coz the right side was louder than the left. lol but we all sang different shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.