When Given Punches The Ball

forevermancity

instead of catching, will you all slag the fook out of him like many have done to Joe?

Great keeper for Joe to learn off, not cup tied in Europe either.

Bring on the Given, but city fans will still find a way to criticise him!

forevercity said:
instead of catching, will you all slag the fook out of him like many have done to Joe?

Agreed, Shay is an awesome keeper and I hope to sign him, the only thing im worried about is if Shay gets the number one spot, Hart might go looking elsewhere for first team action

Given is a top class keeper and probably the best in the premiership, but is he that much of an improvement over Hart?

I just feel that if Hart was our first team goalkeeper for the foreseeable future, we would would have a better Goalie in 3 years time than what Given is now. Fair enough, you could argue that Hart could learn of Given but for me, a player learns more when playing matches.

The top teams need at least 2 top quality keepers with the number of games that are being played. Joe has played 31 games already this season which is probably too full-on for any player.

forevercity said:

On the list, by implied suggestion.

;)

Given is a good Keeper but I cant see him signing with us. Out of the 3 teams linked with him I can see him going to Arsenal if they bid for him. Play Champions League football and most seasons you are playing with a team that will be looking to win a Cup this wont happen for City for a few years yet under Hughes.

The thing is gone are the days of keepers catching the balls which is a pain in the arse they now tell them to punch the ball away. Its mad because Given is decent enough at coming for the Ball and catching it now you hardly ever see Keepers doing that.

leighton said:
Given is a good Keeper but I cant see him signing with us. Out of the 3 teams linked with him I can see him going to Arsenal if they bid for him. Play Champions League football and most seasons you are playing with a team that will be looking to win a Cup this wont happen for City for a few years yet under Hughes.

The thing is gone are the days of keepers catching the balls which is a pain in the arse they now tell them to punch the ball away. Its mad because Given is decent enough at coming for the Ball and catching it now you hardly ever see Keepers doing that.

(.... Just when you'd written off any and all links from newsnow to The Shields Gazette as being completely unmeritorious:)

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/City-head-chase-for-wantaway.4839415.jp

ramsdale4 said:
Given is a top class keeper and probably the best in the premiership, but is he that much of an improvement over Hart?

I just feel that if Hart was our first team goalkeeper for the foreseeable future, we would would have a better Goalie in 3 years time than what Given is now. Fair enough, you could argue that Hart could learn of Given but for me, a player learns more when playing matches.

that's a big claim. He's not as good as Reina, Cech, Van der Sar or Freidel.

Given is a really good keeper and Hart would learn a lot from him, but would he want to? He's been first choice keeper for about 18 months now and done a sufficient job to get him into the England team, no mean feat for somebody so young.

I'm all for getting in a top class keeper because Joe has a long way to go yet. I tend not to criticise him much, if at all, but my main gripe with him is his distribution. It's really poor.

goat boy said:
forevercity said:

On the list, by implied suggestion.

;)

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.